Sunday, December 30, 2018

Saturday, December 29, 2018


When I went to bed at 11pm last night it was with the understanding that we would go to Euro early this morning.

I got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.
Because I thought we were going to Euro I took my shower, with the possibility I might be going to the gym afterwards since I didn’t go yesterday.   (When I go to the gym I shower after my workout.)  I was getting myself a bowl of cereal so we could leave quickly when Teresa started her “let’s go early tomorrow because there’s going to be too many people there this morning” routine.  
Procrastinator! 

After breakfast I took a nap from 9:30 to 10:45.

Before lunch I went next door and picked up a few things from Exito.

Teresa used my laptop to do some more breast cancer searches.  You would think that “negative” would always be something good but she found something that is “triple negative” and I understand it is a rarer and more serious form of cancer.  I googled and found “Triple-negative breast cancer is cancer that tests negative for estrogen receptors, progesterone receptors, and excess HER2 protein.
These results mean the growth of the cancer is not fueled by the hormones estrogen and progesterone, or by the HER2 protein. So, triple-negative breast cancer does not respond to hormonal therapy medicines or medicines that target HER2 protein receptors. Still, other medicines are used to successfully treat triple-negative breast cancer.
About 10-20% of breast cancers are triple-negative breast cancers. For doctors and researchers, there is intense interest in finding new medications that can treat this kind of breast cancer. Studies are trying to find out whether certain medications can interfere with the processes that cause triple-negative breast cancer to grow.”
I’m trying to convince Teresa to let me attempt to make oatmeal cookies.  First I’m trying to get an inventory of what ingredients we have in the kitchen so if anything is missing I can pick it up tomorrow at Euro.

She tells me that we’ll check my list in Euro tomorrow.  I guess I’ll just start picking things up and when I start to put it in the cart she’ll tell me if we already have it.

Esmeralda arrived about 6:30.  I think Teresa served her the chocolate cake we were going to give to a street person.

Esmeralda left about 7:45 and at 8:15 Teresa called Go Wings and placed the same order for chicken wings that we had last Sunday.  I texted Laura and she’s waiting for the metro so she might arrive at about the same time as the wings.  (She asked me how many we ordered and I said 39 for us and 1 for her.  She sent me back emojis of eyes wide open followed by several crying.  Lol.)

Laura came back just after 9pm and she dived into the chicken wings.  I guess they come in 3 flavors so Teresa ordered 10 of each flavor but I like the BBQ best.  Laura announced that she’s done working.  Yay, for her!

I watched an episode of Breaking Bad.  I know, it’s been months since I’ve seen one.

Joke of the day
A Jewish woman says to her mother, 'I'm divorcing Sheldon!  All he wants is anal sex and my asshole is now the size of a 50 cent piece when it used to be the size of a 5 cent piece.'

Mother says 'You're married to a  multi-millionaire, you live in an 8 bedroom mansion,  you drive a Ferrari, you get $1000 a week allowance, you take 6 vacations a year - and you want to throw all that away for 45 cents?’

No comments:

Post a Comment