Sunday, December 8, 2019

Saturday, December 7, 2019


Today is Pearl Harbor Rememberance Day.

Last night I took only half a Zopiclona (sleeping pill) and went to bed at 10:30.  I fell asleep quickly and got up once at 4:45.  it took me some time to fall back asleep and I finally woke/got up at 7:30.
Teresa had already left to take her mother to the clinic to get the gauze removed from her eye.

I received the following text from Laura: “I have one question.  In you time when you were young and driving as you did?  Because at that time there was no cell phone or anything to search on google maps so how did you look for an address and did not get lost?  Haha”.
My answer, “Maps”.

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to Aymará where I had scrambled eggs, a huge croissant and a café con leche for 7,100.  Btw, according to Nigel the name of the nearby park is called Fecundity Park and in the corner there is a statue of a woman sitting holding her head in her hands.

Across the street I caught an Envigado bus to Poblado.  In the clinic I withdrew some small bills from their ATM.  At the exact moment I had my hand out waiting for the cash to be dispensed, Teresa called me.  Sorry, I’m busy.  A minute later I called her back.  We made plans to go to Unicentro after lunch so she could check out the stores.  When I got to Envios Market I called her back and we decided to meet at 11am and we would have lunch at Unicentro.

I picked up my mail: an annual pension receipt and another Capital One credit card offer.

I took a bus back to Envigado and had a café con leche at Parva while I solved a few more chess puzzles.

I returned to the apt just before 11am.  At 11:15 we took a taxi to Unicentro where Teresa did some shopping.  At a pharmacy she found the supplies she needs before her colonoscopy procedure on Monday.  She found a pair of gym shoes she liked in Zapateria Santeo for 179,900.  We had lunch at J&C Delicias which was only okay.  Afterward we found better restaurant options like Parmessano.

She finally proclaimed that Unicentro didn’t have anything good so we left.  On our way back to the apt it started raining, at one point pretty hard.

The temperature dropped noticeably and I put on my warmup suit.
I forgot to mention my new laptop arrived at my brother’s house.  He will probably dispose of all the cardboard and bring just the laptop and instructions in the case I also bought.

Back at the apt we watched Fracture (7.2), not for the first time.

Teresa informed me that her colonoscopy is on Tuesday not Monday but her prep work for it starts Sunday night.

Around 8pm the fireworks started.  They repeated every 15-30 minutes and lasted for about 30 seconds.

7,011 steps today.

Joke of the day
A guy receives an ad in the mail for a golf resort where everything costs one dollar.
He jumps at the offer and heads off for a weekend of fun in the sun.
He arrives and plays a round of golf. It cost him a buck.
When he goes for dinner that evening, it costs him another buck. His room is only a buck a night!
The day before he's to check out, he heads out to play a last round and stops by the pro shop and charges a sleeve of three balls to his room.
When he's checking out next morning, he looks at the bill and sees:
Golf: $1.00
Dinner: $1.00
Room: $1.00.
Sleeve of golf balls: $3,000.00
He asks the Manager, "What is this all about? Everything is supposed to cost one dollar, and you charged me three thousand for three golf balls?"
"I'm sorry, sir, said the manager, but you didn't read the fine print in our promotional brochure. That's what our golf balls cost."
"Well, said the man, if I wanted to spend that kind of money, I could've gone to that luxury hotel across the street and paid them a thousand dollars a day for a room. At least I would've known what I was paying for!"
"That's right, sir, you could have," said the manager.
"Over there they get you by the room. Over here we get you by the balls!"

No comments:

Post a Comment