Thursday, May 20, 2021

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

 Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 1am from Teresa’s snoring, fell back asleep quickly, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

Marcos hadn’t answered my text from last night as to whether we were walking this morning by the time I left the apt at 8am. At 8:15 his portero informed me he isn’t joining me today. I walked to Parque Envigado where I recycled some of Teresa’s leftover drugs at a pharmacy, paid my 3,500 debt at the copy center and returned to the apt.

Teresa called me at noon to inform me she’s having lunch with a friend at El Pastelito. I was invited but I told her I’d have lunch in the mall.

I left at 12:30 and walked to the mall where I paid the utility bill of 300,000 pesos. I had vegetable beef with rice at Sr. Wok then a café con leche in Santa Lena café. I returned to the apt by taxi and Teresa returned 10 minutes later. She told me a Venezuelan trainer offered to work with her as her personal trainer for an hour 3 times a week for 300mil a month. Only problem is her workout time is 6-7am. Later she told me her training sessions will be on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday and they start tomorrow.

Teresa talked to the lab and asked them to email me my test results. I received them not 5 minutes later but they turned out to be the same as my results from 2+ weeks ago. What a comedy of errors. Teresa talked to someone at the lab office and they went through each of the 6 pages comparing their copy to my email copy and the printed copy I had. (The fact that the date on all copies was April 29th should have been a clue that nothing had been updated.) I understand we’re going there tomorrow after my eye exam to get a physical copy. (If they have a correct copy then I don‘t know why they couldn’t email it to me.) Later Teresa talked to them again and I understand they will email the results to my urologist on Friday.

Today was a day without rain but still we only reached a high of about 82 degrees.

I gave up on another paperback, Nature’s End by Whitley Strieber and James Kunetka. It was published in 1986 but takes place in the future – 2015. The early pages are a flashback to 2021 where the main character flies with his son from NY to Denver and the pollution is so bad everyone is wearing masks with oxygen tanks. People are dying on the streets because either they don’t have one or their tank runs out of oxygen.

 

The US has 32,996,738 ð 33,024,648 ð 33,053,583 coronavirus cases with 585,900+ ð 586,800+ ð 587,400+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 3,131,410 ð 3,144,547 ð 3,161,126 cases with 81,809 ð 82,291 ð 82,743 deaths. Medellin has 286,838 ð 287,699 ð 288,554 cases, an increase of 855 from May 18th to 19th. Envigado has a total of 23,785 cases, an increase of 66 from May 18th to 19th.

 

Joke of the day

"It's just too hot to wear clothes today," Jack says as he steps out of the shower, "Honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?"

"Probably that I married you for your money," she replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment