Thursday, July 22, 2021

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Recovery Day #23!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 2:15, and changed my AD. I worked some on the computer, watched a little of The Handmaid’s Tale and returned to bed at 3:15. I fell back asleep quickly finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

While I tried to take a nap, Teresa left for the gym.

I left at 10am and on the way Herman said he saw Teresa so I guess her 9-10am gym class was in Viva Envigado. Last night the thong on my Bears sandal broke (again) so I dropped it off at the shoe repair stand. I paid 29mil in advance and was told it would be ready in 8-10 days. I went to Santa Leña for coffee and Teresa soon called to inform me she was hungry and would soon join me. She and MT showed up and they shared a pastry with their coffee. 


When you order drinks here they fill the cup/glass all the way to the top. :) 

Teresa told me MT is bored and wants to go with us to El Tesoro when I go for my 3pm urologist appointment to do some shopping after. I told her fine, but I might want to return right after my appointment.  Teresa soon took MT to the restroom and later said the coffee must have given her diarrhea and they needed to go. I told her I would hit the ATM, then buy milk and eggs and we’d meet at the taxi stand. I thought Teresa was going to walk MT home, but they were both waiting for me at the mall entrance. We dropped MT off a block from her apt and continued by taxi to our apt.

Later, Teresa talked to MT and because of the diarrhea she changed her plans on joining us. We took a taxi to the mall and we had about a 20-minute wait to see the doctor.

I asked Dr. Castaño if it would be okay to use my 7# dumbbell again, just for bicep curls and tricep extensions and he agreed. Teresa asked something about me returning to the gym but I ignored her. I asked if they recorded my surgery and he said he would check with the clinic. (I’ll bet he forgets.) I asked him to tell me that my incontinence would be temporary and all he would commit to is 90% recover. He had me lie on the examination table and he removed the tape covering my navel. He said the surgery stitches are self-dissolving so they will go away on their own. He showed me how to properly do Kegel exercises and asked me to do them at least 3 times a day for 10 minutes each. I asked him for a topical anesthetic for a sensitive spot on my penis and he said vaseline. He wrote up an order for a PSA test in a month but warned me it should be zero. We also set up our next appointment for 2:20pm on August 28th.

When we left, Teresa made a trip to Zara while I sat outside on a soft couch. She soon came out with a girlfriend and her daughter. We went to Santa Leña where we all had cold drinks. We left at 5:30 and there was a 15-minute wait for a taxi. Teresa made the mistake at one point of telling the driver to head down the street we were on and we came out by Santafe mall (further north) instead of Euro mall. The difference was a long slow ride down Avenida Pobaldo.

I checked and I can see I have a regular belly button again. Yay! And my testicles look like they are back to normal size.

Teresa was watching a program on TV when she asked me why they say “vosotros” in Spain instead of “nosotros”. What am I, a Spanish expert?

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 35,035 ð 37,968 ð 41,310 new cases and 323 ð 248 ð 249 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,655,921 ð 4,668,750 ð 4,679,994 new cases with 116,753 ð 117,131 ð 117,482 deaths.  Medellin has 379,307 ð 379,838 ð 380,480 cases, an increase of 1,000 cases from July 20th to 21st. Envigado has a total of 28,340 cases, an increase of 59 from July July 20th to 21st.


A letter to the editor from the LA times. "People: The virus will not go away because you want it to or because you are tired of it. Get the vaccine, wear a mask, have a clue, give a damn. And grow up."


T-shirt of the day

Freshly Baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment