Friday, December 3, 2021

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Recovery Day #160!

Last night I went to bed at 10:45pm and fell asleep quickly, made a trip to the bathroom at 5:45am, did my Kegel exercises and got up at 6am. Today arm is only sore when I touch the site of the injection.

At 8:30 Lenny and I walked to Los Porteños where we had croissant sandwiches and coffee for breakfast. Glenn joined us about an hour later. He explained he may not meet us for breakfast Sunday because he may be in the hospital with a urinary problem.

I called for a Didi car to pick up Lenny & me at the apt and take us to Museo de Antioquia. I got a senior discount for 9mil and Lenny paid the full fare of 18mil. We started at the top (3rd) floor and worked our way down,  both enjoying the exhibits. We walked to Parque Berrio where we took the metro to the Industriales Station. We walked the last 2-3 blocks to Mercado de Rio where we finally agreed on burgers from Juicy Lucy’s.

Superman statue outside Mercado de Rio:



Outside we caught a taxi to Parque Sabaneta. The taxi driver had the A/C on which was nice at first but eventually I got chilled. There were several detours in Sabaneta until we found the park.

My daughter texted me she was feeling much better today.

We went into the church so he could take some photos for his mom. Outside I bought a vanilla with raisins ice cream cone and he had a beer (or two or three) while we sat at one of the little outside tables.

Lenny enjoying a beer in the park.



A muchacho came along selling garbage bags. I asked him to wait until I could check if Teresa wanted them. While waiting for her reply I invited him to sit and bought him a Coke. After a bit I told him to return in 20 minutes and see if I had an answer. Finally, she replied to buy a bag of large bags which I did for 1,500 pesos when he returned. My cellphone battery soon died.

I decided to show Envigado park to Lenny so we walked two blocks away and quickly caught a Sabaneta bus. There weren’t a lot of available seats so we grabbed the only two together in the front row. On the way Laura texted us they were on their way to Percimon in La Buena Mesa so we changed our plans and stayed on the bus until we were 2 blocks away then got off and walked to the yogurt stand. We actually got there first so I made a quick trip to Parva to use their restroom. When I returned the ladies were sitting at a table inside eating yogurt. When they finished we walked back to the apt.

Everyone else took a nap then we walked to Chiclayo for supper. I was standing at the entrance and the only table I saw available was outside on their patio, which also happened to be right in front of me. I waited not ten seconds for a waitress to seat us when a man walked past me and sat at the table. I guess it was my bad not to take it right away. At least it was only a 5-minute wait for another one. They all ordered seafood and I ordered a chicken rice dish I’ve ordered before, pollo salado. We split the check in cash and Teresa and I returned to the apt while they went to catch a taxi to Parque Envigado to see the Christmas lights. It was 10pm by the time we returned to the apt so all we had time for was to prepare for bed.

Teresa and I both feel tight calves from walking down the stairs in Communa 13 yesterday.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 83,120  ð 86,565 ð 94,643 new cases and 893 ð 947 ð 1,021 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,296 ð 2,173 ð 2,262 new cases with 55 ð 58 ð 57 new deaths. Medellin has 493 ð 286 ð 320 new cases from December 1st to 2nd. Envigado has 10 ð 19 ð 12 new cases from December 1st to 2nd.

 

T-shirt of the day

Enjoy life now. This is not a rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment