Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday, November 1st, 2013

I went to bed at 11pm, got up once during the night to put a blanket on my bed, woke up at 5:30 and got up at 6:30.

I wanted to buy milk for my breakfast cereal but it was only 7:15 so I decided if the corner store wasn’t open yet I would just continue on to Los Mejores Panaderia and have breakfast there.  At the last second as I was leaving my apartment I had the thought to cut over to the street that Bob’s hostel is on and I would have Salsamentaria Bolivar, Paisa Pan, the corner store and the Tinto store to check.  That would increase greatly my chance of finding something open that also had milk.  I got lucky, real lucky, as the first store, Salsamentaria Bolivar, was open and when I asked for a small bag of milk (in Spanish of course) they gave me a 200ml bag that only cost 700 pesos (37 cents).  It turned out to be the perfect size for one bowl of cereal, it saved me about 63 cents, and I didn’t have to waste any of it.  I don’t really care for this Nestle Fitness Fibra cereal but I will finish it.

I had a large orange juice for 2,400 pesos at the juice stand on Carrera 84 from 8am-9am but no sign of the mystery woman.

I packed up my dirty sheets, towels, and shirts and dropped them off at the laundry.  They will be ready on Tuesday.

I stopped at the Davivienda ATM to take out some cash and again the initial screen was only in Spanish so I used the ATH ATM.  Then I went upstairs of Exito to pay my monthly medical insurance bill.  While standing in line I saw 2 large rubber bands at my feet so I grabbed those.  I also noticed there is a 2nd line and if I translated correctly it’s for customers 65 years and older (and some other special customers).  The only problem is there is only one cashier for that line and there are 3 for the general line so I guess I’ll have to play that by ear.

When I exited the bank I noticed another Davivienda so I was curious as to whether this one would be in Spanish only also.  It wasn’t! 

While I was still in Exito I bought a large box of Fitness Fruits cereal for 18,350 ($9.66) and 2 packages of Glade room deodorizer for 14,950 ($7.87) each.

At 10:30 the EPM guys were checking the outside utility meters.

I checked the new US movie releases and About Time (IMDB 7.7) sounds interesting.  (Strangely it’s listed as a new release in the US but IMDB shows a release date of November 8th and it’s already playing at theatres in Medellin.)  It’s playing at:

Las Americas at 2pm, 4:30, 7, 9:30.

Mayorca at 4:20.

I bought a large bag of potato chips for 1,950, a small package of granola for 1,600 and a large package of granola for 3,150 at Tiendas D1.

Lunch was the Angus Combo at McDonald’s for 18,500 minus my 3mil discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment