Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thursday, October 31st, 2013



Happy Halloween!

Last night I watched the 1st episode of the second season of Sleeper Cell.

I went to bed at 11pm and had great difficulty getting to sleep.  (Was it because of the coffee?)  The last time I looked at my watch it was 3am!  I finally woke/got up at 6:30.

I had a cafĂ© con leche and croissant at Los Mejores bakery at 7:45am.  I was at Exito when they opened at 8:30 where I bought a bag of candy for 27mil (expensive!) and a package of gum for 2,120.  The bag of candy consists of 48 small chocolate candy bars, 24 chocolate “bubbles” and 48 smaller chocolate spheres covered in aluminum foil to look loike soccer balls.  On the way back home I ran into Jhon on his way to his office and he suggested I sit at the corner store tonight to hand out my candy.

I took a little nap from 9:15 to 10:15.

I checked my checking account and my Social Security deposit was there so I sent a check for my rent to my landlord in Miami.

I ordered a gift card to Forever 21 to be delivered to my daughter – her birthday is Monday, December 4th so it should get there just about on time.
Lunch was a small hotdog 4,900 and large Pepsi 3,200 at Dogger’s.

I was at Dario’s apartment building by 2pm.  This time I left my scorebook and chess clock at home.  He was beating me positionally and then was up a little materially but I finally beat him in the endgame.  If I had been in time trouble at the end it might have turned out differently.

After playing a couple more games with Carlos, one of his pupils, I left and found Bob at the Tinto store and we chatted a little.  I met a man from Norway named Ari but he goes by Harry.  He lived in Spain for 9 years and has a Colombian wife.  About 5pm I left for Viva where I had a chicken Subway sandwich for 7mil and a small strawberry shake from Burger King for 5,400.  In the mall there were a lot of little kids walking around in costume.

By 6pm I was sitting at the corner store handing out candy.  There were a lot of kids walking by and I started handing out the candy bars, then the large chocolate bubbles and finally several of the soccer balls.  Here they don’t say “trick or treat” it sounds like a chant that is something like “I want…, I want…, I want…, please!”  I’ll have to ask Jhon tomorrow what it is.  The best costumes I saw were identical - worn by 2 older teenaged boys.  They wore Depends and gym shoes and nothing else and carried teddy bears.  At least they had nice bodies where they could get away with that.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment