Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday, October 4th, 2013



Last night I bought a small 24g bag of caramel corn from a street vendor for 500 pesos (25 cents).  It was pretty fresh and tasty.

Since I liked Homeland so much, Bob recommended I watch Sleeper Cell so last night I watched Season 1, Episode 1.  I think it’s going to keep my interest.

One nice thing I haven’t had since I’ve been living in Medellin is any lower or upper back pain, probably because of all the walking.

I went to bed at 11:15, woke up at 5am to go to the bathroom and finally woke/got up at 6:45.

I had my usual breakfast at Bunuelo Express.

Last Wednesday I bought 3 new t-shirts but when I examined them more closely at home I discovered one had some small metal buttons on it that I didn’t like.  So I took it back to the store with my receipt and they allowed me to exchange it for another one.

I stopped at the cleaners to pick up my laundry but when I checked the receipt I discovered it won’t be ready until 11am.

I met Jhon and John just after 9am and we spent over an hour and a half at the corner store practicing English.

Back at my apartment I finally achieved a score of 75% on my Unit 3 Lesson 4 – Writing and it accepted that as a completion.  I’ve completed all the lessons in Level 1 Unit 3: Work and School, now I’m going on to the missing lessons in Level 1 Unit 4: Shopping.

I checked the new US movie releases and I would like to see Gravity (IMDB 8.5) with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney.  I checked what is playing in Medellin and I want to see:
The Heat with Sandra Bullock & Melissa McCarthy (IMDB 6.9; 117 minutes) playing at Oviedo at 6:10pm & 8:50pm.
The horror movie The Conjuring (IMDB 7.7; 112 minutes) playing at Monterrey at 6:40pm, El Tesoro at 6:50pm, Molinos at 7:30.  Beatriz really wants to see this one so maybe we’ll see it next week since the start and finish times of The Heat aren’t the most convenient.

I met Jhon at his office at 12:30 for lunch and Bob was there and since he had a late breakfast he wasn’t interested in eating, he did join us at the table.
Then I picked up my laundry and met Bob back at the corner store and we had a drink and chatted a bit.

Tonight I’m meeting Beatriz at her office at 7pm and they are going to celebrate Secret Person.  More about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment