Saturday, October 26, 2013

Saturday, October 26th, 2013



Last night I went to bed at 11:15, got up once during the night and finally woke/got up at 7am, feeling good!

I had breakfast at the Golden Palermo hotel from about 8:30 to 10am.  Walking through Mall de Laureles I ran into Franklin and we made a date to meet today at 4pm to play chess.  Walking through the lower level of Viva Mall I saw Gloria but I’m not sure if she saw me.

At 10:15 I stopped at the Tinto store when I saw Bob there.  (Gonzolo, who is part owner of the Tinto store, mentioned he’s 67 years old but I think he looks a lot older!  Bob says it’s because he drinks so much rum.)  At one point a woman walked by that he thought was gorgeous but who didn’t seem special to me at all!  Gonzolo needed something from Bob so the two of them went to find Jhon so Bob can find out what he wants.  

Back at my apartment I took a nap from 11:45 to 12:30 and then completed another lesson in Rosetta Stone.

Well, my lunch didn’t exactly go as planned!  
 At 2pm I was sitting in the Exito “kitchen” waiting for Gloria.  While I was waiting I tried, unsuccessfully, to get a Wi-Fi connection.  About 2:10 I called her and asked where she was.  The only thing I understood was Exito and “information” so I said, “ok” and I walked to the other end of the store to the information booth.  I walked around the area for a couple minutes but still didn’t see her.  Just as I was calling her for a 2nd time she showed up.  

We walked into the food court area and she headed right for the deli (another Kitchens of Exito) at the far end (where I never eat).  About the only thing that looked appetizing there were small pans of lasagna.  She took me to something that looked like rice and meat mixed together and said it was “carne con” something or other.  I told her it wasn’t for me and we ended up each ordering the Chicken Combo #2 at Frisby for 34,200 pesos total ($18).  (She mentioned she didn’t like the chicken teriyaki at Sarku’s.)  While we were waiting, again I wasn’t able to get a Wi-Fi connection.  Sigh!  I paid attention to her height as I was standing next to her and my best guess is she’s about 5’1”.  She loves Frisby’s cole slaw as much as I do.  They are fast eaters in Colombia and she finished all her food while I was only half done.  She also told me she only has 1 hour for lunch not 2 as I assumed.  The conversation was real basic since we didn’t have a lot of time and we could only communicate in my basic Spanish.  She said she loved my blue eyes.  I tried to convince her they are green but she insisted they are blue.  I invited her to meet me after work for some ice cream but she said she had to get home to her daughter.  She told me it takes her 2 hours and 4 buses to get to and from work.  Wow!  

Realistically, though I think she’s real cute, we’re probably just going to be friends.  When I don’t have anyone else in my life I’ll ask her out (on Thursdays).

Just after 3pm I was at Mall de Laureles and luckily Franklin showed up early at 3:30.  From then until about 6pm we played 4 games of chess and I won them all.

I cut through Viva on my way back but I didn’t see Gloria.  I stopped at Fresco Pan and had a ham and cheese pastry and coffee for my dinner for 2mil.  At one point Jhon walked by and asked why I didn’t say “hi”.  I told him I didn’t even see him but he said I looked directly at him.  I asked him why he thought I was looking at him since he was walking with a pretty young lady.  (And that’s the truth!)  

Bob stopped by a few minutes later and I told him about my lunch with Gloria but he left after a while to meet Peaches (Patricia).  

Walking back to my apartment I passed Beatriz walking with her manicure/pedicure case and she didn’t say “hi” or even look at me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment