Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tuesday, October 8th, 2013



Last night I met Bob at the corner store just before 7pm and we walked to Sport Wings.  They put the Atlanta Falcons vs. New York Jets game on a screen next to the counter near the entrance but they warned us they close at 10pm and we wouldn’t be able to stay later than 10:15.  They had a Monday night 2 for 1 special and we had 24 chicken wings for 25,900 pesos ($13.63).  Including my 2 Cokes and Bob’s Coke the total came to 39,518 ($20.80) including tip.  I think I’ll try to bring Beatriz here for the next Monday night game and see how she likes chicken wings.

If we translated one of their advertisements correctly, Thursday night, when the Bears play the Giants, they are having another special – all the chicken wings you can eat for 20mil ($10.53).  Sounds like a pretty good deal.  

The wings were very tasty – we got crispy wings and legs and our choice of about 10 sauces.  

I told Bob I had the name and address of a restaurant that is supposed to have the best Burgers in Medellin:
Chef Burger Bar
Carrera 76+ Transversal 39
Laureles

We figured out it’s only a block away from the Parque Laureles #2 that we passed on our way here.  Since I treated Bob to tonight’s dinner he said he would treat me to burgers there when he gets his money later this month.
We managed to stay until about 10:20 when Atlanta scored a touchdown to go up 28-27 with less than 2 minutes remaining in the game.

I went to bed at 11:30, got up twice during the night and finally woke/got up at 8am feeling pretty good – but still sore.

I bought milk at the corner store and once again had granola for breakfast.

At 10am I met with Jhon and John David at the corner store and we practiced speaking English and I told them about my weekend.  Bob joined us a few minutes after we got there and informed me the Jets scored a field goal to beat the Falcons 30-28.  The pretty street cleaner came by and Jhon talked to her and found out she’s married with 3 kids.  He also said she has an accent so he knows she is from the coast.

Lunch was another waffle with leftover milk.

I’m trying to get through Unit 4 Lesson 2 – Writing but so far I have scores of 33%, 44%, 61%, 50%, and 72% so it obviously will take a little longer.
I took a nap for about an hour after completing a couple lessons.  I started copying more photographs from the finca from my emails to my photo library.  I got a text message from Bob using the Viber app that he was going for a coffee at the Tinto store so I told him I would join him.  

As I was leaving the building, there was a workman outside looking at the meters.  He told me he got an email from Margaret so I took him upstairs and showed him the balcony door that isn’t on the track right.  He said he would come back Saturday morning to fix it.

I met Bob at the Tinto store and told him some more jokes from my collection.  I left about 6:15 and went to Viva Mall where I had a FriSnack at Frisby for 8,900.

Atletico Nacional is supposed to be playing against Millionarios tonight at 8:10 so I’ll probably go to the corner store and watch the game if it isn’t too crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment