Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tuesday, October 29th, 2013



Last night I watched episode 9 of Sleeper Cell.

I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4:05am, and finally woke/got up at 6:45am.

Breakfast was the usual cafĂ© con leche and croissant at Los Mejores bakery for $1.  I stopped at Likkes and ordered 2 lunches for us at approximately noon.

The thought occurred to me that if Beatriz wanted to be a real “bitch” she could call and cancel Olga from coming to my apartment for my biweekly cleaning.  About 9am there was a man here from EPM looking at the utility meters.  Olga finally showed up at 9:18.  Whew!  This time I was smarter and we exchanged cell phone numbers.

The Chicago Bulls, with a new and improved Derrick Rose, open their season against the Miami Heat at 7pm tonight on TNT.  I used Viber on my iPad to ask Bob if he would like to join me to watch the game at Sport Wings.

At 11:20 2 workers came in and looked at the balcony door.  One was Jamie’s son and the other one I had seen many times before.  They tried unsuccessfully to remove the door.  I think Jamie wanted to show the other worker the problem with the door.  I understand they are going to wait until they receive a new wheel for it.

Laura brought our lunch from Likkes just before noon.  I’ve learned a little more from Jhon about Laura: she’s 19 years old, her mother is Colombian and is the cook at Likkes and her father is black.

Olga finished up at 2pm.  Besides cleaning the apartment she also: washed and hung up to dry 4 of my t-shirts and a pair of jeans; took down, washed, dried, and rehung my curtains.

I found Bob at the corner store and I sat and talked to him while I had a Postobon (local soft drink) and then a cup of coffee from across the street at the Tinto store.  Maria, the owner and Patricia’s sister, is 40 today.  Bob recently found out that Patricia’s real first name is Olga.  I invited him to join me for the basketball game tonight but he said he is probably going out to dinner with Peaches.  Last night they had a nice dinner at a Mexican restaurant on Calle 35 2-3 blocks east of Avenida 80.

I plan to leave about 6:30 to see the Bulls game at Sport Wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment