Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tuesday, October 1st, 2013



I started watching Hostages at 9pm last night but I just couldn’t get into it.  I may have seen too many similar movies to want to waste my time seeing it as a long mini series.

I went to bed at 11pm, got up once during the night, and finally woke/got up at 7am.  

In order to have exact change of 15mil for lunch and 35mil for the housekeeper I need 2 5mil bills.  (I don’t want to depend on either of them having the necessary change.)

On my way to breakfast I passed Mary walking a dog and we traded “good mornings”.  As I was taking the crossover bridge I saw her talking to “Bluto” as he was hurrying towards Avenida 80.  She was trying to keep up with him but her dog had other ideas – needing to stop often to smell or pee on things.  By the time I got to the other side of the crossover, Bluto was across Avenida 80 and heading down the side street that is south of Viva Mall.   Mary was taking her time now walking south on Avenida 80.  That was when I saw a rider on a small horse trotting north on Avenida 80.  Now that’s something you don’t see every day.  By the time I got to LM I lost sight of Bluto near the hotel.

I had the breakfast express at Bunuelo Express for 4,900, gave her a 10mil bill and had the first 5mil bill I needed.  On my way back I stopped at the corner store and bought a stick of margarine, gave the owner a 10mil bill and now had the other 5mil bill I needed.  

Olga showed up at 9:05 and complained about how cold it is today.  It’s 10am now and it’s still 68 degrees.  This is the coldest I remember a day being here although I’m still sitting around in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops.  In addition to cleaning the house I asked her to wash 5 t-shirts and a pair of shorts.  I also have a step stool now so she can reach the higher places to clean.

At noon Laura, the black girl from Likkes, brought the lunches I ordered.
I’m not sure if I mentioned I apparently have new neighbors across the street and 3 buildings down.  Sunday they put up a banner that says “Milford Produccions”.  About 12:30 today a couple cars pulled up with one adult and about 9 teenagers – 1 girl and the rest boys and they went into that building.

I traded emails with my dentist and I now have an appointment for next Wednesday, October 9th at 10am.

Olga finished her work and left about 1pm.

I packed up my chess set and left for LM. 

Andres, a different one, came to my table and we played a number of quick games.  He wasn’t very good and I won them all.  At one point I even made a mistake and lost my queen and I still won.  Another man stopped and we played a few games but he barely knew the rules.

I left about 4:30 and bought another month’s worth of Glade room deodorizers for 15,950 pesos.  I then had Whopper and small strawberry milkshake at Burger King for 15,100 pesos.  There’s a cute lady working there in the back making burgers and milkshakes but I don’t think she even comes up to my shoulder.

I haven’t seen Bob or Jhon all day.

I checked my USAA account and while my last small pension has been deposited I still don’t see my Social Security deposit.

No comments:

Post a Comment