Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday, October 18th, 2013



I went to bed at 11pm, got up once at 5am and finally woke/got up at 8am.  I passed Jhon on the way to breakfast at the bakery on Calle 35.  One woman working there definitely recognized me and after she served me my coffee and croissant she just stood there and stared at me and smiled.  (I guess I have at least one admirer!)

I checked the new US movie releases and there isn’t anything I’m interested in.  I checked the new Medellin movies and the only places where Captain Phillips is playing with Spanish subtitles are:
Oviedo at 6:10 and 9pm
Unicentro at 9:10pm.

I caught the Circular 302 bus just before 10am and got off at the EAFIT futbol field at 10:30.  It turned out to be just a 10 minute walk uphill to Dr. Rendon’s office.  I had to wait a little after 11am and he cemented my temporary crown back in.  

I caught up with Bob at Redd’s shortly after I returned from my dentist appointment.  He had received some a warning from a man who knows Patricia.  Apparently she has a motorcycle in need of repair and has tried to get 2 men already to pay for it.  So far she hasn’t said anything to Bob about even owning a motorcycle.  Supposedly the smart phone they have been looking for she is to pay for but we’ll see about that too.

At 1:30 lunch was the chicken teriyaki at Sarku’s for 9,900.

I got an email from my landlord that someone will be here tomorrow at 10am to fix the gas hot water heater.

Afterwards I ran into Dario at Viva Mall and he had the book The Secret with him.  I tried to convey to him my displeasure with the book.  I showed him the writeup in Wikipedia on James Arthur Ray (referenced on page 102 in the book) regarding his involvement in the deaths of 2 people in the sweat lodge ceremonies in Arizona in 2009.  I gave Dario my email address and his friend Carlos emailed me some pictures from the chess tournament.

A few of the participants - Dario is seated

My simultaneous exhibition


I had a large Coke from Burger King while I waited for: Bob to show up, the rain to stop or the August 21st lady to show up.  My only luck is that the rain finally stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment