Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013



Last night I went to bed at 11:15 and again had difficulty getting to sleep.  

Why, because I took my medicine a little late, because I had that Coke with Gloria or because I was thinking of her?  When I finally did get to sleep I slept through the night finally getting up at 6:20am.  Today I continued my workout and was out of the apartment by 7:30.  

I walked down Avenida 84 (I said hello to Mary who was walking another dog) to the bakery on Calle 34 and from 7:40 to 8:00 I had a café con leche and my first ham & cheese pastry from there – still 2mil ($1).  I surprised to find it isn’t as good as the one at Fresco Pan by Bob’s hostel.  While I was there the owner of the corner store came and picked up something and took it with her.  She has very big boobs and her nipples were very prominent this morning.  I don’t think she noticed me there; at least she didn’t acknowledge me.  A small pickup truck with INPEC stensiled on the side stopped and a man with police/military garb got out and had breakfast.  In the small bed in the back there were benches down the center facing in opposite directions.  My best guess is it’s used for the transportation of prisoners.  

From 8:15-9am I had a large orange juice at the juice store for 2,500 pesos ($1.32).  I didn’t see the mystery woman but again I saw Mary walking a dog.  I talked to the owner, his name is Alberto and he speaks very good English.  He brought out his dog for me to see – it’s a beautiful 4 year-old husky named Romeo.  His was fortunate to get him for free when someone was moving and had to give him up.  He also told me most people start work between 7am and 8am so I need to get there earlier next time.

I walked down Carrera 84 again and down Bob’s street to the corner store where I thanked the owner for the good words she said to Gloria last night and I put 2mil on both my cell phone and Gloria’s.  They were playing music so I went across the street to the peace and quiet of the Tinto store and ordered a Tinto.  As soon as I started calling Gloria a man named Gonzalo started playing Perry Como music for me.  I normally would appreciate it but the timing certainly could have been better.  I asked Gloria if she could meet me for lunch today but the answer I got wasn’t really a definite “yes” or “no”.  I told her I would talk to her later.  

I stopped at Jhon’s office where he was working with John David and asked him to call her for me.  She said during lunch today she has to attend some kind of a store presentation but she would be available all day tomorrow.  I asked her if she would like to see a movie and she said I should call her tomorrow about 10am.  Jhon told me she seemed to be excited that I called and asked her on a date.

At 10:15 I was at the Internet Café printing a new copy of my chess table info (4 out of the 5 pages needed to be in color) and a copy of the Captain Phillips movie schedule.  The cost was 9mil.

From noon to 12:30 I was with Bob at the Tinto store where I met a pretty 26 year old girl named Tatiana who spoke a little English.  Bob has seen her before; he says she lives in the neighborhood.  I told her that her name, like Olga, is very popular in Russia and her face even looks a little Russian.  Gonzalo told Bob and I to come back tonight because he would be playing American music and making cocktails.

From 1 to 1:45 I was having an Angus Tasty combo at McDonald’s.  I used a Coke bottle cap which discounted it from 18,500 ($9.74) pesos to 13,500 ($7.11).

From 2 to 3:30 I was back at the corner store visiting with Bob and Jhon.  I’ve started drinking more water when I can because all the coffees, sodas and juices I’ve been consuming are putting on a few pounds.
I got an email from Dr. Rendon that my crowns are in and he asked me if I could come in tomorrow at 3:30.  Of course I told him I couldn’t make it tomorrow and would be happy to come in on Friday or another day.

I watched episode 5 of Sleeper Cell.

6:20 and my door bell rings from downstairs.  It’s Beatriz.  I don’t know what she said or what she wanted but I said “no more” and “nothing”.
I’m going to the Fresco Pan bakery and have a light dinner and then to the Tinto store.

No comments:

Post a Comment