Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday, October 27th, 2013

Last night I watched episode 7 of Sleeper Cell.

Since about 8pm there’s what sounds like a high school band playing around the corner.  They stopped right at 11pm but that’s when the fireworks started.  They sounded like cherry bombs but they stopped too after about 15 minutes.

I went to bed at 11:30pm, got up once at 3am, woke up at 6:20 and finally got up at 7pm.  It’s an overcast morning and it was misting so I took my umbrella as I left my apartment.

At 8:15 I was having my usual café con leche and croissant at the Calle 35 bakery for $1.  This time I paid attention to its name – Panadería Los Mejores.  “Panadería” is Spanish for bakery and “mejor” means better so this translates to “Best Bakery”.  I’ll try to remember the name for future mentions.  As I was walking the last block back to my apartment it started raining harder – glad I brought my umbrella.  The forecast for today is a high of 82 degrees with a 60% chance of showers.  If it rains like this most of the day we’ll never hit 82 degrees, but I’m not complaining.

Back at the apartment I checked my garage and found 2 pieces of mail – both payment stubs for my little Sears pension – one for September postmarked August 28th and one for October postmarked September 24th.

This is a bye week for my Chicago Bears.  They need it since Jay Cutler, our starting quarterback, is expected to be out 4 weeks or so with a groin injury.

I put on a long sleeved shirt and just before noon I found Bob at the Tinto store where Gonzalo was playing American music including Frank Sinatra, Andy Williams and Hawaiian music.  I asked him if he’s going to see Peaches today and he said he doubted it because she’s moving.  I asked him why he’s not helping her move and he said “because she didn’t ask me”.  I asked why he didn’t offer to help her and he said “because I didn’t want too”.  Okay.  Gonzalo keeps feeling my shirt between his thumb and index finger and making gestures like he loves the material.  While I was there I tried a small bottle of a drink they call Pony Malt that I had wanted to try.  It tasted like cough medicine with a hint of molasses.

I left about 1pm and had a Hamburger Combo #3 at Gordog’s in Mall de Laureles for 10,500 pesos.

Not only did it stop raining but by the early afternoon it had cleared up and I actually felt some warmth.

A/N is playing tonight at 5:30 so I’ll probably meet Bob at the corner store.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Terry,
    Just came across your blog. Very interesting stuff. I am going to retire to Medellin in a few years. I have visited a few times and love the city. Thanks for putting out so much good information. I am returning in late January for a visit.

    ReplyDelete