Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thursday, October 24th, 2013

Last night I watched episode 5 of Sleeper Cell.  I have trouble hearing all the dialogue because I don’t think they have the microphones positioned properly.

I got an email from Dr. Franco and my new appointment is Friday at 11:30am.

As planned, I had a coffee with ham and cheese pastry at Fresco Pan.  This particular one is shaped like a large slice of pizza and looks like it has pepperoni and pineapple inside.  (30 minutes later I took my medicine.)

Afterwards I met Bob and Jhon at the Tinto store where Jhon told me he said something to Beatriz which was why she was at my apartment earlier.  But what I had told Jhon that he relayed to Beatriz was old news; before the breakup.  He recommended I talk to her to try to stay at least friends so there isn’t so much coldness between us. 

About 8:20 Gloria showed up with a girlfriend, she told Bob she’s looking forward to our date tomorrow and then they went across the street and got a drink to go. 

One of the whistle guys is always kidding with Bob, trying to steal his cigarette lighter or tablet computer.  While he was in the store I took his bicycle and rode around the neighborhood.  That got a big laugh out of everyone.  Bob said I’m too serious and should do goofy things like that more often.

I finally left just after 9pm.

I went to bed at 10:45 and had great difficulty getting to sleep.  The last time I checked my watch it was 2am.  I think I may have gotten to sleep about an hour later.  I finally woke/got up at 7am.

At 8:30 I was at the Fresco Pan bakery but all the tables were taken so I continued on to the bakery on Calle 35 where I had my usual – café con leche and a croissant for $1.

As I was walking back towards my apartment I met Jhon going in the opposite direction.  He asked me to meet him at the corner store in a few minutes.  When he came we went to his office and at 9am John David showed up for his lesson.  We moved back to the corner store where I practiced English with him.  He is doing much better.

At 10am I had Jhon call Gloria where I found out she had to work again today at another Exito to cover for another woman who got sick.  She said she would be back at Exito Laureles tomorrow.  I guess that means I’m on my own today as far as the movie goes and I will try to meet her for lunch tomorrow.  Next Thursday is Halloween so I’m not sure what we will be happening on that day.

John David left just before 11am and I headed back to my apartment to write in my blog and start my Spanish lessons for the day.

I left about 12:30, took the Circular 302 to Monterey, walked up to FFSS and had a sloppy joe (yum) and a Coke for about 15mil.

I took a taxi to Premium Plaza C.C. and arrived there about 2:30 for the 3:25 show.  But first I had to find the theater.  I asked a security guard and he sent me down one hall where I found an information booth.  He certainly should know where it is.  I asked him where the “cine” (theater) is and he didn’t know.  I asked him where the “pelicula” (movie) is and he didn’t know.  Is it my accent?  Does that mean the the theater is near here but not really in the mall?  I walked around the main floor a bit and finally went up to the 2nd level where I found a sign for “cine”.  I went up one more level and to the other end of the hall and there it was. 

I bought a reserved seat ticket for 7mil ($3.68) and since I still had 40 minutes to kill I walked around a bit.  Ten minutes before showtime I bought a medium popcorn for 7mil and a large soda for 4mil ($2.11) and headed into the theatre.

Captain Phillips, starring Tom Hanks, was very good and not just because he is my favorite actor.  It is a true story and it was made more interesting because I had previosly read No Easy Day - the true story of the training of the navy seals (Seal Team 6) that killed Osama bin Laden.  One negative is that when the Somalis are speaking it was translated into Spanish so I didn’t have an accurate idea of what they were saying.

All day I was thinking I would meet Gloria for lunch tomorrow but I had cancelled today’s appointment with Dr. Franco so I could be with her.  Interestingly my new appointment is 11:30 tomorrow morning so I can’t have lunch with her tomorrow.  I guess I’ll try for Saturday.

I took my medicine at 6:45pm when I got back to my apartment.

I checked USTVNOW and I don’t see anything I would be interested in on TV tonight.

I watched episode 6 of Sleeper Cell.

No comments:

Post a Comment