Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thursday, October 17th, 2013



Last night Beatriz didn’t show up and at 8:41 I got the following text message from Bob “Just saw Beatriz at store next to my house.  Hardly even spoke to me.  I said Chow (sic) she gave me a really bad look.”
So I guess our relationship is over.  I guess it’s time to start looking for a new girlfriend.

I went to bed at 10:30, woke up at 5am, and woke/got up at 6am.  I was on the Circular 302 bus at 7am.  This time I carefully wrote down the name of the empandas store – Empanadisimas La 10 – and had one for 1mil.  It was very tasty!  I was at FFSS just before 8am.  I had 2 cups of coffee for 2mil and the French toast for another 9mil more.  

I was at Dr. Rendón’s office just before my 9:15 appointment.  He took me at 9:25, cleaned my tooth, re-cemented it and I was out by 9:35.  The dental assistant gave me 2 more free tubes of toothpaste – this time Colgate.  (Yesterday I forgot to mention she gave me 2 free small tubes of Sensodyne toothpaste.)  I was back at Exito by 10:30.  I met Bob at Redd’s and he told me he gave Patricia the nickname “peaches”.  He’s going with her this afternoon at 2pm to Monterrey window shopping for a smart phone or maybe a tablet for her to use.  He also gave me this website for an online newspaper he recommends – www.RefDesk.com.

I checked my blog and the lady I saw in Viva on Tuesday I originally met back on August 21st with Jhon and Bob.  She’s cute, has a nice figure but she also has what they call – thanks to Google – a “gummy smile”.  But I wouldn’t mind running into her again.  If I do I’ll probably invite her to a movie or a Bears game.

About noon I took the bus to Los Molinos and bought 1 preferred ticket to the 1:20 3D movie Gravity for 12,500 ($6.58) and a pair of 3D glasses for 2,500 ($1.32).

Then I had the Combo #2 at Frisby for 17,100.  I gave the girl a 50mil bill and a 100 peso coin and she gave me 33mil back and my 100 peso coin.  My receipt even shows a total of 17,100 and change back of 33mil.  But who am I to argue?

I bought a small popcorn for 5,600 ($2.95) and a medium Pepsi for 4,500 ($2.37).  The movie started right on time and it was good but not great.  There were only 2 other people in the theater – a couple sitting a few rows behind me.  I was especially bothered by the music played over the final credits – it was so loud I had to put my fingers in my ears.  When I left I couldn’t find a place to return the 3D glasses so I gave them to the boy working behind the snack counter.  Of course he said something I didn’t understand.  During my visit to and from the restroom I checked my receipt and it says “compra” which means “purchase’ so I did purchase the glasses so I took them back.

I found the sporting goods store (local 3179) and priced their Sport Fitness jump rope for 20mil and their NBR exercise mat at 40mil.
I got a haircut from Juan at Nova Zhen for 20mil (and I tipped him 5 mil) as I found there is another English speaking barber besides Ruben.  I only let him use scissors on the hair on top of my head but allowed him to use a #3 clipper blade on my beard and moustache.

Back at Viva Mall I walked across the street and picked up my laundry for 24mil.  I made the mistake of chewing a piece of gum and as soon as I moved it to the side with my crown I thought “I shouldn’t do that” but when I moved it back to the other side, the crown went with it.  I called the dentist and I have another appointment tomorrow at 11am.

Later I met Bob at the corner store about 8pm.  Because it was a little noisy we walked up to the store – Bolivar - near his aparment.  I had a sausage and an arepa for 2,500 pesos from the street vendor and a ham and cheese pastry for 1mil from the bakery across the street.  I swear it tasted like an apple strudel.  Maybe they made a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment