Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thursday, October 3rd, 2013



Last night was certainly interesting!

First I took the short cut and while it was cooler because it’s next to a creek and it’s surrounded by trees, it didn’t angle as much as I thought so I only saved a couple of minutes at best.

Beatriz was able to leave a couple minutes early, we took a taxi to Molinos for 8mil and we were surprised to see a line to buy tickets and also at the concession stand.  It was a good thing we were almost 30 minutes early.  We weren’t able to get the special reserved seats as they were all taken and we ended up in the 5th row – a little too close to the screen but not too bad.

We bought another hotdog/popcorn/soda Combo #3 for 26,500 and a Snickers for 4,400.  Again, you get in one line to place and pay for the order and then another to pick up your order whereupon they rip your receipt before they give it back to you.  I was carrying the tray with a medium popcorn and 2 hotdogs and Beatriz had a large soda in each hand.  When we got into the theater I gave the usher our tickets but for some reason she gave them back to Beatriz, but I’m sure they were about 4,500 each because I remember thinking each ticket was less than $3.

They started with the same short film we saw last time but the biggest surprise of the evening was when the feature presentation started because it was in Spanish without subtitles.  I just checked it again now and it does say that it is dubbed in Spanish so I’m not sure if they changed it or most likely I just misread it from the beginning.  It was interesting to see how closely they dubbed the Spanish to the speaker’s mouth because I didn’t see any instance of someone’s mouth moving and nothing coming out or vice versa.  After it ended I made a trip to the bathroom – about 9:30 – and took my medicine and then we took a taxi back for almost 8mil.  I asked Beatriz when her birthday is and she said February 19th.

I went to bed at 11:15, had trouble getting to sleep (Pepsi?!), awakened at 6:30 by Lionel’s radio and finally woke/got up at 7:20.

I went to the bakery and had a café con leche for 900 pesos and a croissant for 1,100 pesos ($1 total).

I stopped at Jhon’s office on the way back and John David was already there.  We went to the corner store and talked for a little over an hour.  Bob joined us towards the end.  When John and then Jhon left, Bob and I went across the street and had a Tinto.

I left about 1pm and went over to Viva mall and had the chicken teriyaki special for 9,900.  

I walked over to Dario’s apartment building only to find that the chess tournament starts next Thursday and continues through the following Monday.  Dario and I played two games without a clock and in the first where I had black he quickly was up the exchange (rook for a knight) but I attacked his king and he eventually had to resign to avoid a certain checkmate.  In the second game I thought it was pretty even when he resigned – probably because he needed to talk to some people about the tournament.

I walked home and continued with my attempts at completing RS Unit 3 Lesson 4 – Writing with scores of 38%, 69%, 56%, 69%, and 69%.  Obviously it’s going to take a little longer to complete this lesson successfully.

I left about 5pm and Jhon joined me for a drink at the corner store.

Bob had to meet some people this afternoon at 4:30 to discuss the Pub Crawl he has been organizing.

I left about 7pm for dinner.  I walked through Exito and took another look at refrigerators; there are some almost full sized for 500-600mil.

Dinner was a chicken Subway sandwich for 7mil and a small strawberry milkshake from Burger King for 5,400.

No comments:

Post a Comment