Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday, October 11th, 2013

Yesterday I completed my four lessons in RS and I only have one more to finally be finished with Level 1 (of 5 levels).

I forgot to mention that when Bob and I were sitting on the balcony yesterday afternoon a woman entered the apartment and I said “hello” and she said “hello senor”.  First sighting of the new neighbor but I’m not sure if this is the mother or the daughter.  I didn’t get a good look at her but she wasn’t unattractive and I’m unsure of her age – she’s not a teenager but not old either.

Last night I left the apartment at 6:45 and was at Sport Wings by 7:10.  I took a slightly different route and confirmed that Chef Burger Bar is where Bob and I thought it was.  I ordered a Pepsi but not the chicken wings special that I was looking so forward too until they found the game.  Unfortunately, they informed me they have NFL but not NFL HD.  At least they didn’t charge me for the drink.  

I took a taxi to Patrick’s Irish Pub and was there by just before 8pm.  I guess it was just passed rush hour as the charge for the taxi was just under 10mil.  They found my game very quickly and since my usual table right in front of the TV was taken I sat at the bar.  

I had their Fish and Chips for the first time and 2 Cokes for a total of 23,100 ($12.16) – about half of what I had budgeted.  (A half hour later I took my medicine with a partial bottle of water I had with me from the chess tournament.)  Just before halftime I met a new Gringo – Tim from San Francisco is here while his brother is attending a conference.  We had a nice talk during timeouts and other interruptions to the game.

Just before 10:30 as the game was ending it started raining hard.  I didn’t bring an umbrella but I took a plastic bag I keep in my fanny pack and covered the most important thing – my iPad.  I ducked outside and caught a taxi right away.  Again it cost about 10 mil and I was back home and in bed by 11pm.

I woke up twice during the night and finally woke/got up at 6:30.  I took the time to have coffee and then caught the Circular 302 bus at 8am.  I was at the Flip Flop Sandwich Shop by 8:45am and had the Double Plugger (scrambled eggs with ground beef, potato, tomato, and onion) and 3 cups of coffee for 12mil ($6.32).  I was at the dentist’s office 10 minutes early for my 10:20 appointment.  He made impressions of my upper and lower teeth, removed the 2 cracked crowns, made impressions again, and gave me 2 temporary crowns.  My next appointment is Wednesday, October 16th at 9:30am.  Afterward I was too numbed up to have lunch at FFSS so I walked down the hill next to his office and in 10 minutes I was on Avenida Las Vegas where I caught a Circular 303 bus within 5 minutes.

On the way back I saw a small car loaded with oranges.  The back seat was filled with bags of oranges, the trunk was over filled with individual oranges, and the luggage carrier on top was loaded with bags of oranges.
I stopped at my apartment for a little while, changed clothes and walked over to Dario’s and watched the tournament for a couple hours.  Then I met Bob at the corner store at 4pm and we watched the Colombia vs Chile futból game.  I understood (again) that Colombia needed at least a tie against Chile.  I left at halftime with Chile ahead 3-0.  I just got a Viber message from Bob that the final was 3-3.  That’s why I hear fireworks outside and people honking horns.

Back at my apartment I found all the bills except mine inside the front door.  I checked the garage and found mine there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment