Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt at 7:30 and arrived early at Viva Envigado. When Jose arrived, we went to a café named Al Alma where I had French toast with caramelized strawberries and banana slices and a latte for 35,900 pesos ($8.50) including tip. I filled him in on my Chicago adventures.

We went up to the food court where I informed him that Pergamino now has a location open in Viva Envigado.

I had the Black pieces in the first game and I got a strong attack against his king and he resigned on the 23rd move after I captured his queen.

I had the White pieces in the second game and sacrificed a knight for a strong attack. He could have gotten a draw but misplayed it and I won in 35 moves.

Later I completed a tactical analysis on each of our games and the computer said for the first game Jose’s “error value” was 0.79 and mine was 0.20 (precise). For the second game, Jose’s error value was 0.13 (very precise) and mine was 0.09 (flawless). I seldom play this strongly in OTB (Over the Board) games.

I went to Pergamino for lunch and there were lots of available tables (I counted 27 total not including the stadium seating) and only a few occupied by people with laptops.

I had their Granolada and a latte for 32,900 pesos ($8). I went down a level and made a large ATM withdrawal using my Capital One debit card. I stopped in Decathlon and found Quechua pants but was unsure of my size. Next time! I went to the 1st floor of Home Center and asked at their warranty/repair desk, “I bought a power drill here years ago. I know it’s out of warranty but if I brought it in could you send it out to be repaired?” She said “yes” so soon I’ll drop it off.

I returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa texted me she’s in Santafe mall with her friend Vicky.

I finished season 1 of The Americans (8.4).

Teresa returned by 7:30.

I chatted online with a rep from PipingRock.com and they no longer sell Calendula Flower (Marigold) in capsule form they only have it in liquid. I’m good for another 5 months or so but then, who knows. After a little googling I found Swanson Vitamins has them so I’ll give them a try.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment