Friday, January 19, 2024

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, slept through the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30. I had a dream I was visiting a foreign country and one of the last things that happened is we were at a miniature golf course but to get to the first hole we had to climb along a wall with just handhold and footholds to avoid falling into a pond. 😊

Teresa is going to an 8am gym class so I’m on my own for breakfast. She’s going to meet a friend in Santafe mall so I’m on my own for lunch. 😊

There is a long line along the sidewalk in front of our apt. Teresa says they are people hoping to get a job in Ara.

I left at 8am and had breakfast in Los Porteños. I left there at 9:15 and Marcos and his cousin Marshall were waiting for me in Eduardo Madrid. We took a back table and Marcos and I ordered lattes (actually café con leches) and Marshall an orange juice and an individual apple pie. Marcos finally agreed the author of the book he’s recommending, Paddle to the Amazon, is Don Starkell not John Stockton (he probably had basketball on his mind). He informed me that the doctor’s believe he might have gallstones. More tests required.

Teresa texted me asking me to pick up broccoli, avocados, and tomatoes for lunch.

When I returned to Ara there was a card table set up outside their front door and a line along the wall (in the shade) then continuing in the shade of our sidewalk, extending down to the driveway then doubling back along the curb. You might be able to see through the trees some of those waiting in this video.



I’m assuming because Ara’s been so successful, they’ll be opening more locations and these are people applying for work

I’m trying to get my ChessBase 16 databases organized. I’ve identified 3 sources for them, 1 on my C: drive and 2 on my D: drive

1.   C:\Users\Terry\OneDrive\Documents\ChessBase\MyWork\

2.   D:\Emergency-Files From Documents, Documents\ChessBase\Database\Work\

3.   D:\Documents\Colombia\Chess\

The second one I believe I copied from my old computer back in 2020. To complicate things, I’m dealing with MS OneDrive and ChessBase Cloud Databases.

It was 2pm when I noticed the line outside was gone. I’m guessing Ara told them aren’t taking any more applications.

Teresa left about 3pm and took a Didi to Santafe mall to visit with her girlfriend.

I believe source #1 is on the OneDrive cloud and #2 is on the Chessbase cloud and #3 is only on my laptop’s D: drive.

I went through the ChessBase manual trying to learn more about cloud databases.

I checked Cine Colombia but there isn’t anything interesting. I have confidence there will be something soon.

I called MagicJack and after a 30-minute wait, I tried to renew my subscription but got disconnected at the last minute. That’s an hour I won’t get back. I’ll try again tomorrow

I deleted some files to free up space on my drives.

I found a Netflix series called Quarterback (8.0) and I watched the first two episodes.

Teresa returned at 8pm.

Looking back I can’t remember the last time we’ve had rain. I think it’s rained once in the past 2 months.

 

CRAZY SIGNS



1 comment:

  1. Terry, I had a similar problem with databases that I wanted in one place and like yours were scattered on some devices and several places on the Clouds. I bought a hard drive and put copies of them all on that. Unlike your situation no new information will be entered into any of them. Technology, the only thing we love to use that drives us bananas!!!
    I feel sad for the people who waited in line for hours only to be told Ara was finished taking applications. I did not realize how bad the job market must be there.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete