Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 9pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:10.

I took another cold shower. Brrr!

At 7:30 I started the Didi ordering process and once again I arrived at Unicentro mall 10 minutes before opening. Jose joined me just before the doors opened. Upstairs we took our usual seat in Parmessano. I ordered French toast, a couple scrambled eggs, a bottle of water and a latte. The waiter said the coffee machine wasn’t working so scratch the coffee. Jose had an egg casserole and a hot chocolate. The waiter informed him they didn’t have any avocado but they sent someone out to the street to buy one. 😊

We had a difference of opinion as to where or not Davivienda informed you of an ATM fee. So, after breakfast we stopped at one of their ATMs and I made a withdrawal. No, there was no mention of an ATM fee.

We continued on to the food court. For a while I was a little cool (strong breeze) in my shorts and sleeveless t-shirt.

I had the Black pieces in the first game and I misplayed my 9th move and my 19th move and I resigned on my 24th move.

Jose’s wife Maria stopped by so I had an opportunity to see her after many years.

I had the White pieces in the second game and I missed a good move on my 9th move and I missed the right move to win on my 17th move and I resigned on my 37th move.

I reminded Jose that I won’t be able to meet next Tuesday due to a doctor’s appointment.

It was only 1:30 so I had a Cesar salad with chicken and a mango juice in J&C delicious. I called for a Didi from the San Joaquin entrance to pick me up and he arrived 10 minutes later. I was back at the apt by 3pm.

I started my search for flights to Cartagena for February 22nd to the 27th. Laura recommended LATAM, www.LATAMAirlines.com, where I found a 9am flight and a 5pm flight to Cartagena. I chose the latter with a 1pm return flight. I went through the booking process including choosing seats and the final payment step it said it was sending a SMS code for my Capital One account to a phone number ending in 5770. It took me a while to remember that I gave the bank my brother’s cellphone number when I was setting up the account. In the meantime, Laura reminded me we probably don’t need to pay for 2 suitcases so I’m going to go through the process again tomorrow night.

Teresa and I watched another episode of Pablo Escobar then she watched another while I started my pre sleep process by reading my Kindle book.

 

JOKES, EXPLAINED, UNNECESSARILY



No comments:

Post a Comment