Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday, February 2nd, 2014



Last night I watched the 2013 documentary Blackfish (8.1) This fascinating documentary examines the life of performing killer whale Tilikum -- who has caused the deaths of several people while in captivity -- and questions the safety and humaneness of confining these intelligent creatures.”  It’s a very interesting and informative documentary I highly recommend to everyone.  

I spent about 90 minutes on ChessMagnetSchool.com.  The puzzles are getting much harder and more time consuming, consequently I think it will be much more difficult (for me) to advance to further levels (promotion).

I went to bed at 11 (with windows & blinds open), got up once during the night, woke up to a light rain at 5:40 and finally got up at 7am.
It’s Super Bowl Sunday!

I understand it’s also Groundhog Day and reportedly he DID see his shadow; sorry, but another 6 weeks of winter!  Lol.

On my way to the hotel at 8am I saw the 2 pretty señioritas standing on the corner with 2 handsome hombres.  One of the men approached me and handed me a bulletin titled Awake.  Thinking I recognized the layout, I turned it over, saw a JW logo, and I told him in Spanish “Thank you but I don’t need any more Jehovah’s Witness”.

While having breakfast at the hotel and reading the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper I saw an article where Richard Roeper recommended a new movie titled Labor Day (6.7) which opened last Friday.  Based on his recommendation I added it to my “must see” list.

Today is very overcast and so far it’s been drizzling on and off all morning.

I stopped in Exito and bought 3 Glade air fresheners (vanilla) for 17,550, a small (320 gram) box of Nestle Fitness cereal with honey & almonds for 9,840, a white washcloth to replace the one that I lost in the laundry for 1,900, another purple striped hand towel for 6,400, and another package of Trident gum for 2,120.

I was at Mall de Laureles by 10:30 and I saw Harry sitting there all alone, obviously having finished his breakfast, and reading the newspaper.  I had mentioned previously that he had been or is in the import/export business in Guatemala.   We talked for about 2 hours and among the things I learned is: Molinos health club costs 90mil per month and has a small swimming pool; Harry worked 2 years for Shering in Berlin, 2 years for Bosch, 20 years for Hoedhst, and 2 years for Bayer in Guatemala all as an import/export representative.

He invited me to go out dancing with his girlfriend and her friend next Friday about 6pm and I accepted.  Now he just has to talk to his girlfriend to see if her girlfriend wants to go out with me!

At 12:45 Dylan arrived and gave me the following note in English “Hi  my mother is working and asked me to please come by the money told me they were 260,000 have a bad foot excuse the nuisance Thank you.”

Harry left about 1pm and then I had the Hamburger Combo #3 from Gordog’s for 10,500.

I plan to leave the apartment at 4pm, take a Circular 302 bus to Aguacatala station, take the metro 2 stations south to Envigado followed by what I hope to be a short taxi ride to La Vaca Y Yo which translates to The Cow and Me.

I think I’ll be pulling for Peyton Manning to pick apart the Seattle Seahawks defense.  More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment