Thursday, July 27, 2017

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and we went to bed at 10:15.  I fell asleep after about 30 minutes but woke up once at 3:30.  I wonder if I had also taken my drops if that would have helped keep me asleep.  It took me another 30 minutes or so to fall back asleep as I heard voices talking outside followed by a horn honking and a motorcycle engine racing.  I finally woke/got up at 7:45.

Teresa was already gone as she had to take her mother to a clinic early in the morning.

I watched the first 30 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  Sondra, with her daughter Daniela, asked me a couple English questions.  I understand Daniela is taking private classes in English.  I did most of my exercises, including 5 minutes at speed 5 on the treadmill, in an hour and 45 minutes.  I didn’t see Jose at all before I left.

Teresa had told me that if she wasn’t back by noon that I should go to lunch without her.  I took my shower and left the apt at 12:45.  
At Carbon de Leña I ordered ribs and a coconut lemonade.  It included soup and a salad and they gave me 2 decent sized slabs of ribs so I got the 2nd to go.  The price came to just under 30,000 pesos (about $10).

I finished Michael Connelly’s City of Bones: Harry Bosch Series #8 and then downloaded his Lost Light: Harry Bosch Series #9.

I received an email from Victoria at MBE who said I can bring in an iPod Shuffle or any other music device but not a cell phone.

Teresa came back at 2:30 and told me she waited 5 hours for her mother to go through a variety of tests including drawing blood and what sounded like a CAT Scan or MRI. 

We took a nap from 2:45 to 4:15.  Wow!  I didn’t know I was that tired.

I ordered an iPod Shuffle from Apple that should be in Miami in a couple days.

I solved puzzles on Chess Magnet School for an hour and 10 minutes and was promoted to Yeoman (#10/21).

I had my leftover ribs for dinner.

About 8:15 Teresa gave up control of the television so I started scanning.  I first found the White Sox vs Cubs game but my team was already losing 4-0.  I found the USA vs Jamaica soccer game then I found an apocalyptic movie.  After finishing the latter I went back to the former.  The USA pulled out a squeaker against Jamica 2-1.

We went to bed at 10:45pm.


T-shirt of the day: You say I’m crazy…I call it mentally unrestricted.

No comments:

Post a Comment