Sunday, July 30, 2017

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and cannabis drops and went to bed at 11pm.  I only got up once during the night, finally waking up at 7am and getting up at 8am so my eyes felt pretty good.

Teresa and I left the apt at 10:25 and 5 minutes later we were at the beauty shop.  I got a manicure and pedicure (without nail polish) in 30 minutes for 24,000 pesos ($8).  Teresa thought that was very expensive but I told her I think it’s much cheaper here than in the US.
I solved puzzles on Chess Magnet School for 80 minutes and was promoted to Defender (#13/21).

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,999 to the US Dollar.

Teresa tells me she is too white so she wants us to go to Santafe de Antioquia tomorrow – if it’s a sunny day.  If not, then we’ll see the movie Dunkirk.

About 3:15 I made a trip to Exito to buy dish soap and then made a stop at a paper store to print out some chess openings.

I see DT let Reince Priebus go; obviously an administration in turmoil.  One more sign DT doesn’t know what the F#*K he’s doing!

I didn’t think we were going to get out today.  First Teresa said there’s too much traffic (it was backed up to the apt until 6:30).  Then she said we’d never get a taxi.  Supposedly, this is all due to the Flower Festival now going on.

We left the apt at 6:45 and got a taxi after a 5 minute wait.  The driver wasn’t familiar with the restaurant and didn’t appear to know how to get us there based on the address I gave him.  Teresa told him to get us to Parque Lleras and I would guide him from there. 
Where I had him drop us off it was just a block walk to the restaurant.  Teresa didn’t think we were in the correct area but I forgot to remind her that the restaurant moved about a year ago.

I was happy to see Mu had no line and we had our choice of 3 empty tables.  Right away I ordered the large plate of ribs and a Coke for me and a Coke Zero for Teresa.  The ribs, with fries, arrived after about a 10 minute wait and they were tastier than I remember.  I ate 3, Teresa ate 3 and we got 3 to go for Laura.  We kidded about taking Laura a clean bone and heating in the microwave for her.  The total bill – cash only – was 81,000 pesos or $27.

We walked to the actual park and caught a taxi on Calle 10 and were home by 8:45.


T-shirt of the day: My degree of sarcasm depends on your degree of stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment