Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Last night Teresa and I were watching a movie on one of the new channels and we didn’t get to bed until 12:30.  (After I took my sleeping pills and cannabis drops.)  I quickly fell asleep only got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 9:30am.

It’s a very overcast morning so that explains why Teresa let me sleep in.

Teresa had the Flower Festival pet parade on TV.

Teresa told me she’s going with her mother to visit her brother James in Caldas who is sick.  So that leaves me alone to go see the movie this afternoon.

I spent 40 minutes solving puzzles on Chess Magnet School and was promoted to Protector (#14/21).

I left the apt at 1:50, quickly caught a bus downtown and got off at Santafe Mall.  I went up to the first level and walked to the back for the elevator that would take me up the 5th floor right outside the theater.  I should have taken the escalators as the elevators were at the first sub-level and heading down.  Outside the theater was a pretty long line and it was 15 minutes before the 2:30 showtime. 
I left and stopped in Cachivaches where I bought a melon baller for 39,000 pesos for Teresa.  I quickly caught a taxi to El Tesoro for the 3:45 showing.  The driver wasn’t sure how to get there so he asked a couple of cabbies on the way.

I arrived at El Tesoro theater by 2:45, 60 minutes before showtime.  At first I got into a regular line until I noticed there is a separate line for the premium screens.

It cost me 35,600 pesos (about $12) for the premium seating theater.  I got the last seat in the last row right in the middle.  I sat outside and read my Nook until 10 minutes before showtime.  I ordered a medium popcorn with salt (and butter) and a large Coke for 21,700 (about $7.25).

The movie was pretty good but not great.  I quickly caught a taxi back to Envigado and stopped in Exito and picked up a couple bags of milk. 

I was back at the apt by 6:30.  After a trip to the bathroom I found we don’t have any running water.

Teresa and Laura returned about 7:15.


T-shirt of the day: Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude.  My personality is who I am.  My attitude depends on who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment