Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and drops and went to bed at 11pm.  I fell asleep rather quickly, woke up briefly once but didn’t get up all night.  I finally woke up at 7am and got up at 7:30.
It’s a partially overcast day.  I’m wearing jeans today so I hope the weather stays cool.

I left the apt at 8:40, walked to downtown Envigado and quickly caught a taxi.  He dropped me off across from the Stadium at 9:30.  I still felt hungry so I bought an empanadas and café con leche to extend my breakfast.

My opponent was Carlos Giraldo rated 1491 and I had Black on table 77.  He missed a number of opportunities and ended up resigning on the 42nd move.  So now I’m 2-2.


I asked the Tournament Director if the next match was at 6:30 and he informed me that it starts at 4pm.

I walked to Viva Laureles and had chicken teriyaki with a large Pepsi for 20,700 pesos ($7) at Sarku.  I was in no hurry so I walked back to the internet café but found it closed.  I walked around in another direction and soon found an internet café that allowed me to get caught up on my important emails.

I found out my ELO Id# is 3909331.  So far I’ve lost to #7 and #179 and won against #215 and #176.

I saw online that my next match, round 5, is on board 42, against Guerrero Morales, rated 1989, the 3rd highest in the tournament.

I left at 3:30 and was back at the tournament in time for the next match.  I thought I gave him a good game but I ended up resigning on the 53rd move.

There was a lot of police presence and vendors outside the Stadium.  I asked a policeman what’s happening tonight and he said Marc Anthony (and others whose name I didn’t recognize) are in concert tonight starting at 7pm.  It was presently 6:40.  I took the metro to San Antonio, transferred to Envigado and was back at the apt by 7:40.

I checked with Teresa and then bought 4 bags of milk at the corner store.

Teresa informed me that she wants me to switch my medical insurance from eps to Sura.  I don’t know if that could be done or how that could be done.  I guess Teresa will check on it further when she remembers.

T-shirt of the day: I can explain it to you but I can’t understand it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment