Sunday, August 27, 2017

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Last night I took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed at 11:30pm.  I fell asleep quickly, only got up once during the night (at 6am), finally getting up at 7am.  Yay!

I had a small bowl of cereal for breakfast.  MT met us at the apt at 9am and we quickly caught a taxi to Mall Laureles.  (On the way I saw a sign that indicated that they are on phase 1.1.B of construcing Parque del Rio.)

At Mall Laureles the ladies had hot chocolate.  I walked over to the pet store where I saw several Pomeranian puppies for sale for 2,500,000 pesos and kittens for free.

The van left at 10:05 and we made our usual stop at the restaurant.  I had my usual calentao (scrambled eggs, beans, and rice) and then I made a trip to the restroom.  I met the others back at the van and Teresa informed me that the guy with the 2 5-gallon buckets of peaches made a pass at her – he said he was looking for a girlfriend.  Lol.

Just outside Santafe the driver stopped outside a finca.  She slowly backed up and we saw a sign that said “finca for rent”.  There was no phone number listed but a man soon walked out on the driveway.  He invited us in and we took a look at the place – 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, swimming pool.  When we left I asked how much and was told he wanted 1,000,000 a day.  HaHa!
At the resort I was sitting playing chess on my cell phone with coconut lemonade sitting on the end table next to me.  A cat slowly came up and started licking the coconut pieces off the top edge.
At 2:30 I had just finished lunch when it started raining.  The temperature started to drop and it was difficult to find a place where there wasn’t a cold breeze.

We left at 5pm (2 hours early) and stopped at some gated community.  We looked at an apartment that was for rent for 220,000 a day.  We looked at another for 250,000 a day.  I heard the dates December 22nd and January 3rd mentioned so I guess Teresa wants a Christmas/New Years place to party.  One of the bedrooms had a queen sized bed and the other had 2 bunkbeds.

I understand we would be joined by Wilson, Martha, MT, Daniela, etc. so the cost would be split 4 ways.

We made our usual stop at the restaurant and I saw on TV that the countdown has started – the Pope arrives in 10 days and some number of hours.

We pulled out of the restaurant parking lot at 5 minutes to 8pm and we arrived at the tunnel with 2 minutes to spare – it closes from 8pm to 8:30pm every night for maintenance.
We were back at the apt by 9:15.

An email from Medellin         Living stated that The Holy Father is visiting Medellín on September 9 and will be conducting mass at the Enrique Olaya Herrera airport near Poblado.  It will be the third time the Pope has visited the Colombia. In 1968 Pope Paul VI visited and in 1986 Pope John Paul II visited 10 cities in Colombia.  


T-shirt of the day: It’s a beautiful day…to leave me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment