Saturday, August 12, 2017

Friday, August 11, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:30.  I fell asleep rather quickly but got up 3 times during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

We had some rain during the night which might have awakened me one of those times.

I watched the first 30 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I did all my exercises, including 5 minutes at speed 5 on the treadmill, in 2 hours and 10 minutes.  At one point I was working out on a machine and a man walked up to me and introduced himself as Sean (sp?).  He’s Irish, from California (Laguna Beach), he read my blog from the beginning, and has been living in Envigado for the past 2 weeks.

We left the apt at 2:30, met MT down the hill by the church and took a bus to Stella Duran.  They got their massages and I sat at the hostel and played a couple games of chess on my cell phone.

They met me at 4:15 and we took a taxi to Oviedo where MT wanted to do some shopping.  In the meantime I went to Starbucks where I had my usual small vanilla latte and played some more chess on my cell phone.  I won 3 games with white and with Black I lost a game I should have tied and tied a game I should have lost.

When they returned we took a taxi back to the apt arriving at 6:30.
Among new US movie releases I would like to see Annabelle: Creation (7.3).  Locally I would like to see Atomic Blonde (7.1) playing in Santafe at 2pm and 4:30pm, and War for the Planet of the Apes (7.9) playing in Santafe at 2:50pm, and 6pm.
I see my iPod is still “in transit”.

I did a speed test from the dining room table and registered only 4.67 download and 2.18 upload.  Sigh!  It appears the honeymoon period might be over.

I told Teresa I wanted to get another manicure and pedicure tomorrow and she thought it was too expensive – 24,000 pesos or $8.  I told her it would probably cost more than $20 back in the States.  Maybe one of my readers can tell me what the actual cost is.

I spent 35 minutes on Chess Magnet School and was promoted to Commander (#15/21).

At 10:30 I did a speed test from the dining room table and registered only 8.42 download and 2.15 upload.  Now that’s more like it.  I logged into my Slingbox and got a good connection.
Then I moved my laptop back to the computer room and only got 3.04 download and 2.16 upload.  I logged into my Slingbox again and again got a good connection.  Interesting!  Of course I only tried both tests for a minute so who knows what a longer viewing would show.


T-shirt of the day: I’m sorry I hurt your feelings when I called you stupid.  I really thought you already knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment