Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and cannabis drops and went to bed at 11pm.  I fell asleep rather quickly, only getting up once during the night, awakened by squealing brakes at 6:15am, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

So far it’s a slightly overcast day.

Well, it’s the first day of a new month – time to pay the bills!
After breakfast I made a run to the bank for some cash.  Back at the apt I separated it in order to pay the individual bills.

 I watched the first hour of the Today show and then left the apt to run my errands.  I stopped first at Bancolombia where I waited in line for 10-15 minutes to pay for the apartment, my health insurance and the gymnasium.  I walked a couple blocks away where I waited in line for 5 minutes to pay the Direct TV bill.  I walked a couple more blocks to buy my medicine for the month.  The lady there told me that they wouldn’t have my prostate medicine available until later this afternoon or tomorrow.  Teresa wanted me to pick up a head of lettuce and 5 large ripe tomatoes but I gave up when I saw the long lines and the people with their full carts.  Since I don’t have internet I can’t email a copy of my apartment and health insurance payments so I walked down to the realtor’s office where they made a copy of my payment.  Later I’ll have Teresa call Natalia and tell her I made the payment but I’ll have to send her the email copy later.  I was back at the apt by 11pm.

I finished watching a movie on HBO titled Everest and then watched Concussion.

Teresa came back from the gym at noon and she called Natalia and explained my internet problem.  Later I’m going to go to an internet café and see if I can send her a copy of my payment receipt.
MT came over at 3:30.

I left the apt at 4:15, withdrew some cash from the ATM, added some minutes to our cell phones, and stopped at the Internet café where I sent emails with my payment receipts.  I noticed that I have a document waiting for pickup at MBE in Medellin and a package waiting for valuation in Miami.  I also printed out a chess opening.  I stopped in Exito where I picked up prepackaged hamburgers, buns, lettuce and tomatoes.  I was back at the apt by 5:15.

They all left the apt at 6:15 to walk MT to her apartment and then buy something at the larger Exito down the hill.

Teresa and Laura came back at 7:15 and Teresa told me that the larger Exito didn’t even have what she was looking for.

It suddenly occurred to me that I had thrown out the receipt for the Isoklon I bought this morning.  I went through the garbage and I found other receipts that were now filthy but I didn’t find the one for Todos Drogas.  Tomorrow I’ll see if I can get a replacement copy.

I watched the 8th and final episode of the series Special Forces on Direct TV.


T-shirt of the day: I can’t wait to be ashamed of what I do this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment