Friday, August 18, 2017

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and cannabis drops and quickly fell asleep.  I only got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

At 9:45 Teresa noticed we don’t have running water.

I watched the first 90 minutes of the Today show and I left the apt at 10:45.  I saw a metro bus pass by as I was walking down the stairs so I decided not to wait 10-15 minutes for the next one.  

I walked down to the metro station where I chatted with Herman for a few minutes.  I took the metro to San Antonio, transferred to the west line and got off at Estadio Station.  I walked the block to El Viejo y El Pancake and found it closed.  Sigh!  (Later I saw on Facebook that they’re closed until Saturday because they are searching for a new house.)  Robert and his wife Janette arrived about 10 minutes later.  We walked across the street to Piccolo’s Pizza.  Robert had pizza, Janette had pasta and I had their Caesar salad with chicken.  We talked for about 90 minutes.  Robert picked up the check.  One of the things I learned is that Robert recommended the Angus burger at Mis Carnes.  Robert has to return to the US but he’ll contact me when he returns.

We said goodbye and I walked to the chess office but they didn’t have any new chess tournaments posted.  I walked back to the metro station and took it to Envigado.  I bought a kilo of strawberries for 12,000 pesos then had a cup of cold orange juice at Herman’s stand (without Herman) for 2,000 pesos.

Back at the apt Teresa gave me information on another tour.  This time its September 18th – 22nd at a town/area called Llanos Orientales.  I understand it’s hot there, it’s a 12 hour bus ride but over level terrain for 750,000 pesos for the two of us.  I gave her the okay to book it.

I solved puzzles on Chess Magnet School for 30 minutes and I am 
84% towards my promotion to Captain.

I watched season 1, episode 2 of Breaking Bad on Netflix.


T-shirt of the day: Waking up everyday seems a little excessive.

No comments:

Post a Comment