Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Monday, August 21, 2017

Today is another Colombian holiday!

Last night at 11:30 I took my single cannabis drop and went to bed.  It took me 90 minutes to fall asleep.  I woke up at 3:30 and made my single trip to the bathroom.  It took me another 30 minutes to fall back asleep finally waking/getting up at 8am.

I watched the first hour of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I ran into Charles and he tried to explain to me where there’s a nice hike up to a mall near Parque Salado.  I did all but 2 exercises in 2 hours.

On my way back to my apt I ran into Chuck and his son Carlos.  Carlos is taking a red eye back to the States tonight.  He waited until the last minute to buy gifts to take back with him but I think the “souvenir” stores are going to be closed today.  I was walking down the street with them, next to the street that’s being repaired, when suddenly my foot went down below the level of the sidewalk.  I caught myself before it went too far and I saw that I had stepped into a hole about 4’ deep.  There was a wood pallet next to it but it wasn’t covering the hole – until we moved it.  Luckily, not only wasn’t I hurt, I didn’t even get a scratch.

Back at the apt I took a nap for about 45 minutes.

After lunch, about 2:30 I tried making a pinhole “camera” by putting a piece of plain white paper on the floor and holding a smaller piece of paper with a tiny hole on it some distance away.  I guess we’re too far south to see even a partial eclipse.

I went with Teresa and Laura to Oviedo mall where Laura found a pair of shoes for 182,900 pesos ($63.80).  Again they charged my account in dollars instead of pesos.  Drat!

Since we were in Oviedo we went upstairs to check out the movie theater times.  It was 4:15 and Annabelle: The Creation (7.1) was playing at 4:50.  I bought 3 preferential tickets for 57,000 pesos (about $19) while the ladies went down to Crepes & Waffles.  We all shared 2 ice cream sundaes for 18,500 pesos (about $6.50).
Back upstairs I bought a medium popcorn and 2 medium sodas (Combo #2) for 19,500 (about $6.50).

The theater was pretty crowded and we all enjoyed the scary movie, although it was quite cold inside.

After the movie we made a quick stop at Carulla where Teresa bought a package of croutons for lunch tomorrow.

We quickly caught a taxi and were back at the apt by 7:30.


T-shirt of the day: There should be a t-shirt for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment