Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and cannabis drops and went to bed at 11pm.  I fell asleep rather quickly, only getting up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

It’s a partly cloudy morning thus far.

Teresa left with her mother at 7:45 for a doctor’s appointment.
I watched the first 30 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I did my exercises in an hour and 50 minutes including 5 minutes at speed 5 on the treadmill.  I asked Andres again for the name of the mall where I can get the protein powder cheaper and this time it sounded like Oblis.  I gave him my email address and asked him to send me the name.

Teresa and I left the apt at 1:30 to have lunch at Deli Hoy.  On the steps there were 9 boys and 2 girls of high school age smoking cigarettes and marijuana.  Laura joined us about 20 minutes later.  The special of the day was Churrasco (beef) but Teresa ordered chicken breast for us.  It was all pretty tasty.  They gave us each a little chocolate bar called a Mir Coco – like a Mounds bar – and written in English on the side it said “Milky Compound Chocolate Coated Bar With Coconut”.  I thought “milky compound” sounded delicious.  Lol.

I heard a couple guys speaking English so I went over to their table.  They looked like they were from Jamaica but they are from New York, are here for the first time on the advice of the guy’s sister who visited previously, and will be here for 2 weeks. 

As soon as I walked into the apt my cell phone rang.  It was Alex.  This month he only received a partial payment of his SS and is wondering what’s going on.  I told him about our internet problem and that someone’s supposed to come out today between 4 and 5 pm to fix it.  I told him if he wants to take a chance on that happening he can come out and use my magicJack to call SS.  I think he’s going to leave there about 4:30 and make a stop at MBE first.

The Une guy arrived right at 4pm.  I understood right away that the problem was a serious one and he, or someone else, would have to come back.  We agreed they would come back Friday at 3pm.  I called Alex and gave him the bad news – still no internet.  I recommended he find an internet café somewhere where he could make a call to the US.

While the Une guy was still here we noticed a “for rent” sign on an apartment across the street.  It’s for rent by the same agency as ours.  Teresa called them and as soon as the Une guy left we walked across the street and met up with the realtor.  They showed us the apartment on the 6th floor.  The apartment has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms for 1,600,000 COP.  The best thing about it is that there’s a small alcove off the living room where I could put my chess table and Laura could put her desk.  All the rooms appear smaller than what we have now but Teresa still really liked it.  The problem is our hands are tied until we complete our additional 6th month which will be like early November.

Teresa returned to the apt and I walked to Citibank where I confirmed my SS deposit had been made.  In Todo Drogas I bought my prostate medication for the month and a twin bottle package of eye drops for 156,000 (about $52).  I also picked up a replacement receipt from the Isoklon purchase I made yesterday.  Passing through the park a lot of chess games were in progress.  A man came up and talked to me in Spanish like I understood everything he was saying.  All I understood was I was being invited to play chess tomorrow here in the park at 4pm.  I told him I’m sorry but I’m playing in a chess league tournament this weekend.  At the internet café I logged into my email account and forwarded a copy of my iPod purchase receipt to MBE in Miami.  I ran into Sondra outside Exito and we spoke briefly.  I stopped at the corner store and bought 2 bags of milk.


T-shirt of the day: I may be wrong but I doubt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment