Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Monday, August 14, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and went to bed at 11:30.  I fell asleep rather quickly but I’m not sure if I woke up at 1:30 or not.  I know I woke up at 4:30 and was still awake at 5:45 when I heard Laura get up (squeaky bathroom door).  I fell asleep again shortly after and woke/got up at 8:30.

I watched the first 40 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  As soon as I walked through the park Sondra caught up with me and asked where I was going.  I thought it was obvious from the way I was dressed that I was going to the gym.  She replied maybe I’m going to the mall.  I asked “where is this mall” and she replied it’s 2 blocks away.  I didn’t even know there was one nearby.

At the gym I did all my exercises, plus 5 ½ minutes at speed 5 ½ on the treadmill, in 2 hours and 15 minutes.  At one point I saw a man walk in front of me in what looked like a Chicago Bears baseball style cap.  I definitely could see the NFL logo on the back.

Back at the apt I had 2 emails from MBE: one for my iPod and the other for a document – both waiting for pickup.  I’ll probably get there tomorrow before my dentist appointment.

I showed Teresa trailers for 3 movies: Annabelle: Creation (7.3), Atomic Blonde (7.1) and War for the Planet of the Apes (7.9).  She wants to see the first two.

After lunch Teresa and I took a nap from 2 to 4pm only hers continued until 5pm.

Today’s a warm sunny day with just a few wispy clouds.

I solved puzzles on Chess Magnet School for 30 minutes and progressed 34% towards my next promotion to Captain.

I made a quick stop at the corner store to buy 2 bags of milk and they had a new, very cute, young girl working there.

We left the apt at 6:30 and waited 5 minutes for a taxi.  On the way we saw an ambulance cross in front of us at a light and then we saw a motorcycle lying on its side with a man lying next to it. 

We arrived at Santafe 30 minutes before showtime.  There was no line and I bought 2 general seating tickets for 28,000 pesos ($9.50).  It was probably so “expensive” because it was at night and the premier week.

While waiting I saw they have a special popcorn “bucket” with a middle separation – probably so they could put the salted popcorn on one side and the sugared popcorn on the other.

I saw a billboard for Churchill (7.1) – a new movie coming soon.

I bought a medium popcorn, 2 medium sodas and a package of nachos with cheese on the side for Teresa for 27,000 pesos ($9).

Teresa really liked the move – Atomic Blonde (7.1) – for me it was just ok.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apartment.

Teresa and I got involved in watching a program on National Geographic about Pablo Escobar so we didn’t get to bed until 11:45.


T-shirt of the day: I look at people sometimes and think: For real?  That’s the sperm that won?

No comments:

Post a Comment