Thursday, August 10, 2017

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and the last of my cannabis drops and went to bed at 10:30.  It took a while to fall asleep, I got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:20am.
We got a little rain overnight.

Just before 9am Teresa received a phone call confirming that Une should be here in the afternoon.  I certainly hope so, I’m almost 2 weeks behind on updating my blog.

I watched the first 30 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I did my exercises in 2 hours including 5 minutes at speed 5 on the treadmill.  Today I didn’t see Sondra, Daniela (her daughter) or Jose.

Back at the apt at 12:30 Teresa told me that lunch will be a little late.

At 1pm the Une guy arrived.  I could see him working outside; it appeared he connected us to a different cable.  By 2:15 we had wifi and internet again.  Yay! 

I did a speed test from the dining room table and got 10.31 download and 2.18 upload.  A nice, strong signal!

I see that my last blog posting was on July 29th.  I finally got caught up on my blog updates.

Among last Friday’s new US movie releases I would like to see Kidnap (6.0).  Locally, I would like to see War for the Planet of the Apes (7.9) playing in Santafe.

I checked the MBE website and it appears my iPod is still “in transit” but I have 2 documents waiting for pickup.

Teresa and I left the apt at 3:30.  She walked down the hill to catch a bus to Stella Duran while I walked to downtown Envigado where I caught a bus to El Poblado. 

I got off at Santafe mall, walked across the street and poked my head inside Cuevas de Queso – no bagels on display.

I walked down to the clinic on Calle 7 where once again I was able to withdraw small bills from their ATM machine.

I walked a couple more blocks to MBE where I picked up 2 envelopes: one a Summary Plan Description for one of my pensions and the other from MetLife notifying me that Sears Holdings has purchased an annuity for paying my future pension payments.  The only problem is, for the latter, I have to mail them a Withholding Certificate – W-4P.

I paid 45,000 pesos for the MBE rental for August.  I wanted to also pay for September but Nobraska told me I can’t, she’d call me tomorrow to explain why, and that it would be good news.  Ok.

I walked down Calle 10 and stopped at a bakery where I treated myself to a Churro for 500 pesos.  There was a gringo waiting in line ahead of me with a full backpack.  I learned he’s from Ireland.  Cool!

I walked down to Avenida Las Vegas and then headed south.  I stopped in a Tienda D1 to cool off for a couple minutes but it was a bigger store and I had to walk down the frozen food aisle to find any relief.

I walked to the Casa Blanca Hostel where Teresa met me 15 minutes later.

We walked back to the health food store we visited last time and Teresa had a snack with a glass of “milk”.

We caught a taxi back to the apt for 10,000 pesos.

I got caught up on reading my emails.

At 9pm I did another speed test from the dining room table and got 8.95 download and 2.16 upload.  That’s acceptable!

I finished entering all my chess tournament games (8) into Shredder and I started analyzing them.


T-shirt of the day: The police never think it’s as funny as you do.

4 comments:

  1. Terry,

    Just so's you know, let me say that some of us out here in Cyberspace still read your blog (with interest, of course).

    Glad to see you are back online finally!

    Your blog was missed.

    ¡Pura Vida!

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in Lisbon in my new flat. I got 64 download (wifi), 91 (cable) and 51 upload (wifi). I am a blogger too. Do you have fibre broadband in Colombia?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. Are you sure you're talking about Mbps? Does that cost you a small fortune? Do you have some "special needs" like you need it for work or is that pretty standard by you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure. I can upgrade it to 200 Mbps for 5 euros. It cost me 24 euros, Net and Telehopne. I have a blog with an online course so I need a very good connection.

    ReplyDelete