Thursday, August 31, 2017

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Well, that didn’t work.  Last night I started watching an episode of Navy Seal Team Six (approximate title) at 9pm.  At 9:15 I took a melatonin tablet.  About 9:30, during one of the commercials, I Googled about taking melatonin and learned that I should take it 30 minutes before going to bed.  Uh-oh.  That explained why I felt so tired all of a sudden so I went to bed at 10pm.  I was still awake at 1am when I checked my watch but I believe I fell asleep soon after.  I got up once about 3:15 and made my usual trip to the bathroom.  At 4:45 I was awakened by a leaf blower far off in the distance.  As time went on the leaf blower got closer and closer and, of course, louder and louder.  I finally fell back asleep and woke up at 7:45 and got up at 8am.  Bottom line, I guess the melatonin alone isn’t enough – next time I’ll try it with a sleeping pill.

I took half of an Excedrin Migraine and was soon feeling better.
At 8:30 Teresa announced that we lost our running water.  If it’s not back on when I return from the gym my plan is to return with clean clothes for a shower.  I just have to figure out how to work around the fact that there’s often a woman mopping the floor in the men’s locker room.

At the gym I completed all my exercises in a little over 2 hours.
On the way back to the apartment Teresa showed me where the flower store is – hint, hint!

When we got back to the apartment the water was back on.  Yay!
Wondering how long the battery on my 2GB iPod Shuffle should last, I Googled it and found it will hold approximately 500 songs (I have 287 on mine) for at least 12 hours (I have 14+ hours of songs) so I should still have a couple days left before the battery poops out on me.

Teresa informed me that the couple renting the finca have split up and only the woman is living there now but the roof leaks so we have to get it fixed to protect our investment and monthly rental income.  She’s going to have someone check it out and give us an estimate.

I left the apt at 3:15, walked downtown where I added minutes to our cell phones, and quickly caught a taxi.  I was so happy the driver knew the shortcut to El Tesoro I tipped him 2,000 pesos.
I was 20 minutes early for my appointment and was surprised to see the doctor sitting in the outer waiting room with a laptop on his lap (so that’s where the name came from) and a cell phone against his ear.  He said he was talking to IRS about his taxes.  (I assume he meant the local IRS – DIAN.)

At 4pm we went into his office and he gave me another treatment fixing 2 more of my teeth.  Just 2 more to go and my next appointment is next Wednesday.

I only had to wait about 5 minutes for a taxi.  The driver seemed pissed for some reason to have to go to Envigado.  For the first time I could see the Campestre golf course on the way.  Traffic was surprisingly light and I was back at the apt by 5:45.

Teresa told me that Wilson has to go somewhere at 8pm so we’re going to cover for him at his store for 20 minutes.

I felt surprisingly good all day today despite the intermittent sleep I got last night.  And without taking a nap.

Teresa and I left the apt at 7:30.  Wilson didn’t come back until 9pm.  In the meantime I played some chess on my cell phone and Teresa took care of the customers.  When Wilson returned I felt a few drops of rain so we hustled back to the apt.

At 10:45 I took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: What language do deaf people think in?

No comments:

Post a Comment