Friday, September 1, 2017

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Lat night at 10:45 I took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed at 11pm.  I fell asleep rather quickly but woke up at 3:30.  I noticed it was raining outside.  It took me a little over an hour to fall back asleep and I woke/got up at 7:30am feeling pretty good.

I checked my MBE mailbox in Miami and it shows a document was processed yesterday; probably my August Chess Life magazine.  The question is, do I want to spend $15 for MBE rental just to pick up my Chess Life magazine?  I probably will just in case I receive anything else.

I left the apartment at 10am dressed in shorts, a muscle t-shirt and my Punta Cana baseball cap.  At the Stadium station I checked out a bicycle and rode around the area.  I returned it and had lunch at El Viejo y El Pancake.  They were out of hash browns so I had an omelet, sausage and orange juice.  I walked over to Calle 50 where I got a haircut for 12mil.  (Did I mention that a haircut here is more like a haircut and a shave?)  I liked the job the barber did so I tipped him 2,000 pesos.  I’ll try to get him again – he looked like he either had been in a fight or he had some type of mouth defect.  I walked over to Floresta Station where I took a train to San Antonio.  I transferred to the main line and got off at Alpujarra Station.  I walked 3 blocks to the Encicla “office” at Carrera 53 #40A-31 where I updated my cell phone number for their records and confirmed that my pin is the 4-digit one I usually use.  Hmm, I wonder why it didn’t work for me before.  I walked back to Alpujarra station.  While waiting for the next train I enjoyed hearing Sounds of Silence over their speaker system.  At Envigado Station I bought a kilo of strawberries for 12,000 pesos.  I took the Metro bus up to Parque Envigado and after crossing the street I saw Jose, Teresa’s personal trainer, walking down the street with a pretty young lady.  Back at the apt I exchanged some things, headed back to the bank where I withdrew some cash.

At 6:30 Teresa and Laura headed for the gym.

I watched the Chicago Bears last preseason game against the Cleveland Browns.  I ate some salted-in-the-shell peanuts with a 500ml bottle of Coke.

When Teresa came back they brought burritos from Frisby.  I waited until 8:30 to eat mine.

The Cleveland Browns ended up winning 25-0 but at least our 1st round pick, quarterback Mitch Trubisky, got some practice under center without getting injured.

Teresa informed me that tomorrow she has to take her mother to the clinic at 6:30am for blood tests.

I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:45 and went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: We are born naked, wet and hungry.  Then things get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment