Saturday, September 16, 2017

Friday, September 15, 2017

Last night I found Curb your Enthusiasm on HBO channel 1538 so I watched episodes 9 and 10 of season 7.  Especially cool was it included all the Seinfeld characters and actors.  After it ended at 10:30 I took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed.  I fell asleep quickly but woke up at 2am and again at 3:15.  The last time I looked at my watch the stopwatch was running.  Not wanting to fix it in the middle of the night I got up and checked the clock on the microwave.  It took about 90 minutes or so to fall back asleep finally waking/getting up at 7am and finding the ladies were already gone.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see It (8.1).  Locally, I would like to see Baby Driver (8.1) and Kidnap (6.0) both playing at El Tesoro.

I watched the first 15 minutes of the Today show and then headed for the gym.  I completed all my exercises in 2 hours.

Back at the apt I was surprised when Laura came out of her room.  What, no school today?  No, and she’s going to Caldas later to pick up the tax bill.  I invited her to join Chuck and I for lunch at 12:30 but she said she’ll go later at 1 or 1:30.

At 12:30 Chuck came over and we went down to Deli Hoy where we had their bandeja paisa lunch although we both substituted pork for chichirron.

After lunch we walked up the hill to the park where we had coffee and talked for awhile.

Finally, he left to buy some groceries at La Vaquita (Little Cow) and went to $efecty to pay the Une bill.  When I got there I saw a long line but noticed there were 3 cashiers serving them.  After a 5 minute wait nothing changed meaning no one left so the line hadn’t shrunk and I decided to come back another time so I left.

Teresa showed up about 6pm and after making a few phone calls to Wilson and Vicky she suggested we eat dinner at Bocados Bar.  I dressed and we walked down the hill to his restaurant/bar. 

I understood she wants to go visit her mother tomorrow morning – early.

Wilson gave Teresa a few pages of the after surgery diet for MT.  It begins with the “food” she is allowed to have every hour from 6 in the morning to 9 at night, as follows:
6am – aromatica without sugar
7am – aromatica without sugar
8am – clear juice without sugar (not cold)
9am – consomme
10am – aromatica without sugar
11am – clear juice without sugar (not cold)
12pm – consomme
1pm – aromatica without sugar
2pm – aromatica without sugar
3pm – clear juice without sugar (not cold)
4pm – aromatica without sugar
5pm – aromatica without sugar
6pm – clear juice without sugar (not cold)
7pm – consomme
8pm – aromatica without sugar
9pm – aromatica without sugar

I understood they removed her entire stomach so I don’t think her future “feedings” are going to get a whole lot better.

After we finished eating Teresa asked me if we could go visit her now.  It was only about 7:15 so I said “sure”.  We caught a taxi and were at Clinica Vida 20 minutes and 18,000 pesos later.  I wasn’t allowed to go upstairs to her room so I sat in the waiting room where they were playing the Desafio program (similar to Survivor) on TV.  I didn’t care about it so I just read from my Nook.  Some time later Teresa came down and asked if I could buy a cup of aromatica (herb tea) for her mother.  We went outside to the corner where Teresa ordered it from a stand.  It came in a small cup and cost less than 1,000 pesos.  She took it upstairs and I went back to the waiting room.

When she came back we just walked across the street where there was a taxi waiting for us and for 17,000 pesos we were soon back at the apt.  

Teresa told me that her mother is feeling good but each night one of the kids is going to sleep in MT’s room and tomorrow night will be her turn.

I took my sleeping pills and we went to bed at 10pm.


T-shirt of the day: Not my president!

No comments:

Post a Comment