Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Monday, September 4, 2017

Today is Laura’s 20th birthday!

Happy Labor Day to those of you back in the States.

Last night I took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:45.  I fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, fell back asleep quickly, woke up at 5am feeling good, heard Laura leave at 5:30, Teresa got up a few minutes later and I finally got up at 6:30.

Teresa left at 7:30.  She has to go to Caldas to buy “paper” for the roof, have it delivered and monitor the work that’s being done.  I think she’ll be going to the finca every day for this week and most of next to observe the work on the roof.

I finally got around to trying to fix the light switch in the guest bathroom.  I removed the switch in the 3rd bathroom that we just use for storage and found a little piece of plastic that’s missing in the other so I just switched switches.  Got that?

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  For the second time I saw a blind guy working out there.  Someone would guide him to a machine; he would put his hands on their shoulders and walk in step behind them.  Nice looking guy.  I did all my exercises in an hour and 55 minutes.

Chuck came over at 12:30 and we went down the hill to Deli Hoy.  He really liked the lunch, so much that he plans to bring his wife there.

After a nice lunch we walked over to Exito where Chuck bought a couple plastic storage boxes, a package of low wattage light bulbs and a small umbrella.  I suddenly felt like my eyes were going to fall out of my head so I took half of an Excedrin Migraine and they quickly felt better.

We walked up to the park and stopped at Bartollo’s Bar where he had a tinto and I tried their limonada de coco.  It was pretty good – I gave it a 7 compared to Ay Caramba’s 10.

I mentioned to Chuck that we’re fixing up the finca and then Teresa wants to sell it.  He mentioned that his British friend John, that I met last Saturday, has been actively looking for a finca.  I gave Chuck one of my “business” cards to give him next time he sees him.

In a day or 2 Chuck’s wife will be going to Cali and with Teresa working/watching at the finca we will probably be getting together quite often.

Unless I hear otherwise we’re going to meet at my apartment tomorrow (with his wife) at 12:30 and go down the hill to Deli Hoy for lunch.  We’ll include Laura if she gets back in time.

I received an email (surprisingly in near perfect English) from the “new” MBE location that I have a document waiting for pickup.  I’ll wait until the 2nd one appears which should be in a few days.

Teresa left at 7pm for a 7:15 class at the gym and returned at 8:30.  Laura came home a little later as I understand she was celebrating her birthday with her friends.


T-shirt of the day: The more people I meet the more I like my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment