Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Monday, September 25, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 5am, woke up at 6:30, took half an Excedrin Migraine to help ward off an oncoming cold, finally getting up at 7:30.  I’ve been sleeping much better lately.  Is it because I’m taking a 100mg Magnesium tablet (half the recommended dose) after lunch every day?  Is it because I’m taking my sleeping pills with minimal water?

Teresa informed me that the lemons I bought the other day are actually oranges.  Oops!  She made me a hot cup of lemon (orange) tea to ward off a cold.

I watched the first 40 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I was crossing a side street when a woman came up to me and said in Spanish, “Sir, I have a question”.  I told her in Spanish that I don’t speak much Spanish.  She switched to English and said, “Sorry, I thought you were someone else.”

Last week I felt some pain in my left elbow when I was doing 2 of my exercises – Seated Row and Lat Pulldown – so today I moved the weight down a notch from 80# to 65#.  I told Jose about the pain and that I thought it was a problem with a tendon not a muscle.  He told me to rest it for 3 days so I’ll skip those exercises until next week.  I did everything else in about an hour and 45 minutes.

I’m not sure if I mentioned this before.  I Googled “symptoms of magnesium deficiency” and 2 of the results were “cramps, and sleep problems”.  Maybe it’s the magnesium tablets I’m taking that are helping me sleep better (and I haven’t had a cramp since taking them).  The recommended daily dose is 2 tablets and I’m only taking 1 so soon I think I’ll see if an extra one per day makes a difference.

In the evening Teresa and I walked down to MT’s apartment.  She was in bed but looked pretty good.  I understand she’s getting up and walking at least to the bathroom with help.  She insisted on showing me her stomach (the area not the organ) scar.  Teresa said she had laser surgery but since I saw no incision I’m sure she meant laparoscopic surgery.

We left there and while walking up the hill Teresa said she’d like to buy some cookies in order to have cookies and coffee.  She asked me what time the corner store closed and I said “9:30”.  She asked me what time it is now and I said “9:27”.  We continued on past the apt to the corner store where we found a family of 6 talking to the owner and her daughter.  They moved back a little so we could make our purchase.  In the group I noticed a smiling girl of about 16.  A couple times I looked back at her while Teresa was talking to the owner and each time the girl’s grin reappeared.  I guess I can still attract the ladies.  Lol.  Without even talking I guess she could tell I’m a foreigner.

The cookies turned out to be crackers – I think they call them biscuits in Great Britain.  I had a package with a small cup of coffee hoping the liquid (it was decaf so I shouldn’t have to worry about caffeine) wouldn’t get me up at night.

I took my sleeping pills and we went to bed at 11pm.


Funny Veterinarian signs: Dinosaurs never went to the vet.  Look what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment