Friday, September 29, 2017

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Today is my brother’s 65th birthday.  Happy Birthday Jim!

Last night I took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:15.  At 12:30 I was still awake so I got up and took another 1mg sleeping pill.  I quickly fell asleep, got up once during the night, finally waking at 7:30 and getting up at 8:15.

I watched the 2-hour Today show.

At 12:30 Chuck arrived and we, with Teresa and Laura, went down the hill to Deli Hoy for lunch.  Today was buffet day but the only meat they had was fish, chichirron (pork rind), and carne molida which is a dry granulated beef (I can’t think of any better way to describe it) so Teresa ordered chicken breast for me.

Afterwards Laura headed back to the apt, Teresa to her mother’s apartment and Chuck and I to Home Center.  Chuck picked up a few things for his house and I picked up a package of plastic closet hangers for 17,000 pesos.  It was raining lightly when we came out so we took a taxi to the park.

At Bartolos Bar he had a cup of coffee and I had a couple café con leche and we talked for some time.  While there a guy came by and I bought the DVD 47 Meters Down (5.8) for 3,000 pesos ($1).  When we left I stopped at the paper store and had my Experian Security Freeze pages printed out.

I was back at the apt by 4pm.  I signed the Experian pages, now I need to stop at Envios Market and send them to the US.

Teresa returned at 6:15 just as I was toasting a bagel.  She said she hurried back to make me a sandwich.  She was upset with Laura as I understood Laura was supposed to relieve her at MT’s apt a little earlier.

About 7:15, before Teresa went back to her mother’s apt, I asked her to make me some popcorn.  She was about to make it and remembered we don’t have any cooking oil.  (Weren’t we at the grocery store just yesterday?)  I opened a cabinet and took out my emergency bag of microwave popcorn.  I sat down with it and a glass of Coke from the large bottle I opened last Sunday.

Tonight the Chicago Bears lost to the Green Bay Packers 35-14.  They have something like 11 days until their next game; time to start the rookie QB Mitch Trubisky, 2nd pick in this year’s draft.
I took 3 sleeping pills and went to bed at 11:15.


Funny Veterinarian signs: Against animal testing.  They get nervous and get all the answers wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Terry,

    If you can find one of those plastic tubs with a vented, snap-on lid that's made for doing poopcorn in the microwave then you only need to buy yourself some plain, loose, popcorn kernels, which should be available there in Medellín.

    Even if you happen to find the plastic bags of Jiffy brand plain popcorn kernels, it's waaay cheaper than pre-packaged microwave popcorn.

    The popcorn does up very nicely in about 3 minutes time and afterwards you can put whatever seasonings, butter, or oil on it that you like.

    And BTW, plain microwaved popcorn with nothing on it is only 20 calories per cup! Woo-Hoo!

    Just a thought... (There I go, thinkin' again!)

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete