Saturday, September 2, 2017

Friday, September 1, 2017

Last night I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:45 and went to bed at 11pm.  I fell asleep quickly and although I woke up twice during the night I didn’t make any trips to the bathroom and quickly fell back asleep each time.  I finally woke/got up at 6:45 feeling refreshed.  The question is why?  My best guess is because I was out biking yesterday in the fresh air.  Perhaps the fact that I’m now taking a magnesium pill in the afternoon might have something to do with it?
Another new month – time to pay the bills.

I was surprised when Laura came out of her bedroom at 7:30.  She informed me that she only has one class today starting at 10am.

At 8:15 I left to pay the bills at the bank.  At Bancolombia they were filling the ATM machines with the usual guard with the shotgun standing by.  I got in line to use one of the automated payment machines.  While waiting I heard a ruckus and looked up and saw a man arguing with a guard holding a pistol at his side and there were 2 policemen behind him.  Where did they come from so fast?  They eventually went outside and were checking his papers (cedula maybe).

I paid all 3 bills, got my change, and headed back to the apartment.  Sorting everything out I found I was missing the receipt for my health insurance.  How do I send them confirmation of my payment without that receipt.  I took a photo of the apartment receipt and emailed it to the agency.  I put the last month’s receipts and this month’s receipts on the kitchen table to remind me to talk to Teresa about the one missing when they return.

I was watching the Today show when they returned just after 9am.  After MT left and I reached the next long commercial I went to the table to talk to Teresa about the missing receipt and only 3 of the 5 receipts were there.  I asked her what happened to my 2 receipts.  I understood Teresa used them for note paper and gave them to MT.  I told her I need those for my files.  Teresa left the apartment to get them back before her mother throws them away.

Now it’s just before 10am and I can’t leave for the gym because I don’t know if Teresa has keys with her.  What a great start to the morning.  At 10:15 I looked around and didn’t see any keys so I guess Teresa did take them with her.  As I was leaving the apt I ran into Teresa.  We agreed that we would meet at the apt at 12:30 and then have lunch at Deli Hoy.

At the gym my iPod battery died about half way through my workout.  Seven and a half days at 2 hours each means I got about 15 hours playtime before the battery died.  I might be able to get a little more playtime because today when I first started it I may have left in on pause.  I completed all my exercises in a little over 2 hours.

On the way back to the apt I ran into Chuck and Darnelle sitting at one of the tiendas by the park.  We talked for a bit and decided we’d try to get together this weekend.

Back at the apt Teresa reminded me she had a massage appointment so I delayed my shower and we walked down to Deli Hoy for lunch.  We finished lunch at 1:30 and I was surprised that Teresa didn’t seem to be in that much of a hurry then I learned that her appointment wasn’t until 2pm.  So we had plenty of time after all.  Afterwards, Teresa headed to Stella Duran and I went back to the apt where I took my shower.

I was going to go play chess in the park but today is just too hot.

When Teresa came back I had her call Natalia about not having a health insurance receipt this month.  She talked to an assistant but I understand I’m the only one paying from Envigado so they should be able to differentiate it from other payments.

I started charging my iPod at 2:15 and I noticed I have no internet access.

On Direct TV they have a lot of World Cup (soccer) elimination matches going on: Check Republic vs Germany, Lithuania vs Scotland, Rumania vs Aremnia, Slovakia vs Slovenia, Norway vs Azerbijan and San Marino vs Northern Ireland.  (I hope I got those translations correct.)  These are all matches preceding the World Cup to be played in Russia in 2018.  Yesterday afternoon Colombia played Venezuela and it ended in an “exciting” 0-0 tie.  How can you not love soccer?

At 5pm we walked down to Wilson’s bar where we met Vicky and Albero and gave them 200,000 pesos as downpayment on our trip in a couple weeks.  While sitting at one of Wilson’s tables I looked across the street at what looked like might be a small furniture repair shop (I saw a sofa standing up on end) and was surprised to see a Bitcoin sticker in the window.  The last couple months I’ve also seen drones for sale in a few stores.  We went to MT’s apartment for awhile.  While there I chose his wifi network and entered his password and got internet.

When we got back to the apt at 7:30 we had internet again.  But my cell phone wasn’t getting internet.  I reentered the password – Teresa’s cedula number and I finally figured out what happened.  MT and Teresa have the same network name – Alzate so when I save the password for one location it won’t work on the other.  Une shouldn’t use such a common word for their network names.
I understand MT will be in the hospital for 8 days recovering from her surgery; she will have most of her stomach removed.  We’re waiting to hear when the anesthesiologist will be available to schedule the surgery but I understand it will be very soon – maybe even early next week.

Teresa informed me she has to visit the finca either Saturday or Sunday.  I might go with her just to see how the highway has changes and to take a few photos.

Among new US movie releases, there isn’t anything I would like to see.  Locally, I would like to see War for the Planet of the Apes playing at Oviedo at 6:35.

At 9pm I was still getting a flashing yellow light on my iPod which supposedly means “Device is syncing with iTunes or in use as a disk”.  I’ll bet it’ll still be the same tomorrow morning when I get up.  I closed iTunes but that didn’t seem to change things.

I asked Teresa how long she’s going to be at the finca.  20 minutes?  30 minutes?  She replied 2-4 hours.  No thank you!

At 10:15 I decided that an 8 hour charge should be enough so I disconnected my iPod from my laptop. 


T-shirt of the day: This charade of being a responsible adult has gone on long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment