Sunday, September 3, 2017

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Last night I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:45 and went to bed at 11pm.  I fell asleep quickly and I made 2 trips to the bathroom but quickly fell back asleep each time.  I finally woke/got up at 8:30 feeling refreshed.

At 9:45 it started raining lightly but didn’t last long.

Teresa and Laura left at 10am for the finca.  I gave them some extra cash so they can save time and take a taxi.  (Later Teresa told me that was too expensive as it cost 30,000 pesos ($10) each way.)


At 10:15 I left the apt, picked up a free adn newspaper, bought my medications for the month at Todo Drogas and stopped at the flower store.  I picked up a nice mixed bouquet that would cost me $10-$15 in the States for 6,000 pesos ($2).  On my way back I picked up 4 bags of milk at the corner store.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,929 to the US Dollar.

I received an email from Medellin GURU accusing me (rightly) of copyright infringement.  They listed a number of their articles that I posted and I had to remove them.  Done!

I met Chuck in the park and we had coffee across the street at the new bar.  On the way back to my apt we ran into one of his friends named John.  He’s a big rugby sized guy from England and I had some trouble following his accent.  At the apt I picked up my Civica card.  After a 5 minute wait we were on a bus to the Envigado Station.  We got off at the Industriales station and walked the couple blocks to Mercado del Rio.  After touring the place Chuck decided he wanted the ribs at Piara.  It cost 60,500 pesos (about $21) for ribs, fries, cole slaw and a Pepsi for me.

We easily found seating at one of the nearby tables.  We took our time enjoying our food and the view.  Afterwards Chuck bought a limonada de coco for each of us.

When we left we walked outside where we caught a Sabaneta bus that dropped us off just outside the Envigado Exito.  We walked across the street where we found Teresa and MT at Bocados Bar.  We visited with them a bit then I walked Chuck up the hill, said goodbye and walked back to the apt.  Teresa arrived a few minutes later.

In the evening Laura dressed up a bit and left the apt about 9:30 to celebrate her coming birthday with her friends.

I need to give Teresa 900,000 pesos so she can buy roofing paper in Caldas on Monday and another 300,000 pesos as a down payment for fixing the roof.

She said after the finca is fixed up she wants to sell it and buy (or trade for) a house here in Envigado.  It would be nice not to have to make monthly apartment rental payments.

I watched Lone Survivor (7.5) on Direct TV – not for the first time.

T-shirt of the day: They call it a “selfie” because “narcissistic” is too hard to spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment