Monday, September 25, 2017

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and we went to bed at 11pm.  I quickly fell asleep waking up once at 5:30, finally waking/getting up at 8am.  Wow, I feel great!  Now I just have to protect my eyes from the sun (sunglasses) so they won’t feel dry and scratchy later.

I stopped at Bancolombia and made a small withdrawal and it doesn’t appear I was charged an ATM fee.  I double checked my previous ATM notes and they don’t charge a fee.  So why don’t I use Bancolombia all the time?  Sometimes I’m such an idiot – or maybe I’m just losing it.  On the other hand, I have to pay USAA an extra $2 for every withdrawal beyond 10 for each month.

I stopped in Exito and picked up a few things.  I was happy there were almost no lines.

I went to www.EquifaxSecurity2017.com (to see if I was included in the Equifax security breech), clicked on “Am I Impacted?” and received “ERROR The Request could not be satisfied.  The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.”  Ah, yes, now I recall getting that same error before.
I went to www.Equifax.com to request a freeze on my credit report.  I entered my current and previous address and some other personal information and it came back with “unable to find my credit file”.  Then it allowed me to request a freeze on my credit report and returned the security Pin number.  Huh?  It couldn’t find my file but allowed me to freeze a file it couldn’t find?  Does that make sense?  Computers!

I watched my Chicago Bears beat the Pittsburg Steelers 23-17 in overtime.  I didn’t have any buffering problems throughout the whole game using my Slingbox.  (I finished a bag of Act II microwave popcorn with Coke during the 1st quarter.)  Next up are the Green Bay Packers Thursday night at 7:30.  Now if Mike Glennon could just throw the ball further than 10 yards we might have a chance.  Soon after the game I switched to NFL Redzone on Direct TV.

At 5pm I found The Walking Dead again on Direct TV.  Here’s the order of the episodes over the next 4 hours:
Season 5, episode 3
Season 5, episode 9
Season 6, episode 15
Season 7, episode 16
When Direct TV schedules TV series don’t they know they aren’t individual episodes, but a logical continuation from one to the next?

I took my sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:45.


Funny Veterinarian signs: Neutering your pets makes them less nuts.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry,

    Equifax was the one of those three credit reporting agencies which got hacked and it is Equifax which currently is (rightly) offering to allow people to place a freeze on their credit report FOR FREE. And this is because Equifax was the one with the security breach.

    Incidentally, the other two reporting agencies, Experian and TransUnion, are still charging a fee for placing a freeze. I think that the fee is ten dollars each.

    Anyway, my experience was that after I had placed the freeze (on Equifax), when I went to the other two to do the same thing, each one in turn told me that there was already a freeze on my report and asked me if I were instead reporting a fraud against my account; I wasn't. So at that point I did not bother proceeding with placing a freeze with the other two.

    And FWIW . . . I received this link from a friend detailing what one should do in the wake of that data loss by Equifax:
    [ https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/8/1697034/-Practical-advice-for-the-Equifax-data-loss-incident?detail=emaildkre ]

    On the page found at the above link there is also a link to the FTC's web page about Credit Freeze Facts and details for how to place a freeze or fraud alert on your credit report, along with phone numbers for each of the three agencies.

    I hope this helps some of your blog followers, Terry.

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete