Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Teresa was very tired so last night I took 2 sleeping pills at 10pm and we went to bed.  (She bites off something like 1/3 of a sleeping pill each night for her own use.)  I think it took me about an hour to fall asleep, I got up several times during the night but always quickly falling back asleep, finally waking up at 6:45 and getting up at 7am.  Laura and Teresa were already gone.

I watched the first 90 minutes of the Today show and then left the apt.  First I got a 30-minute manicure for 12,000 pesos ($4) then I bought a file folder at the paper store in which to store some of my chess notes.

Back at the apt Chuck showed up at 12:30 with his wife Darnelle.  We walked down to Deli Hoy where we had a nice leisurely lunch.  Today was a buffet which we all enjoyed.  I texted Laura and she informed me that she was waiting for a bus in Poblado so we waited about 45 minutes for her to arrive.  In the middle of Laura’s lunch Teresa called so we waited about 20 more minutes for her to arrive.

About 3:15 Teresa and I caught a bus to Stella Duran.  While she got her massage I sat at the hostel with lots of Colombians watching the Colombia vs Brazil match which ended in a 1-1 tie.

When Teresa was done we caught a taxi to Home Center in Envigado.  Teresa informed me that the 700,000 peso trip we were going to take in 2 weeks turned out to be a per person price.  We’re going to skip it because the finca is turning out to be more expensive than we thought.

I guess Teresa didn’t find what she needed at Home Center or maybe it was because I didn’t have my debit card with me.  She told me that whatever she’s looking for will be less expensive if she buys it in Envigado tomorrow and I understand the muchacho is going to meet her there in the morning.


T-shirt of the day: The fact that I’m legally an adult is hysterical.

No comments:

Post a Comment