Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Monday, September 11, 2017

Wow! Today is the 16th anniversary of the 9/11/01 attack on the Twin Towers in New York.  My condolences go out to anyone and everyone personally affected by that tragedy.

I left the apt at 9:30 and did all my exercises at the gym in less than 2 hours.

I met Chuck at Bartolos Bar at 12:15 where we had a nice lunch followed by café con leche for me and tinto for him for 32,000 pesos total ($11).

I stopped at Exito where I picked up some bread for making hot sandwiches.

I received an email from Envios Market that I have a package waiting for pickup.  I wonder what this could be; I don’t remember ordering anything.

At 3:45 I went to flush the toilet and found we have no running water.

When Laura came back she told me that I paid the gym for me, Teresa and MT but not for Laura.  I told her I don’t pay for anyone specifically, I just put the money in her account and SmartFit takes the money out.  They should take it out for us the 3 not for MT.  I thought MT cancelled a month or so ago.  Laura believes that when you cancel you still have to pay the next 2 months membership.  If that’s true I wish someone would tell me these things.  She’s going to check with the gym tomorrow after school.

Laura showed me another feature of WhatsApp and also how I can find out how much money I have remaining on my cell phone by dialing *611# and then entering 6 and 1.

The water came back on at 7pm but there wasn’t much pressure.

At 7:25 Teresa was still tied up in traffic so Laura called Frisby and ordered Friburritos to be delivered for 25,000 pesos ($8.50).

Teresa came back at 8pm just a minute after the food arrived.  She believes the finca roof work will be completed on Wednesday.  Then she’s going to rest a week before starting work on having the finca painted.

By 8:30 the water pressure was back to normal.

I understand MT’s surgery went well, she’s in Intensive Care, will be there for a week, and we’re waiting on results of the tumor biopsy.

Teresa said there was an accident on the highway where 4 people died and she sat on the bus for 2 hours.

Teresa went to bed at 9:30 while I watched the first half of the San Diegeo Chargers vs Denver Broncos game and went to bed at 10:45.

T-shirt of the day: Prejudice is a great time saver.  You can form opinions without having to get the facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment