Sunday, September 10, 2017

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Yesterday morning I took a 3mg Melatonin tablet after breakfast.  Last night I went to bed at 10pm without taking anything else.  Not sure if I slept much but I got up at 11:30 and took a single Isoklon sleeping pill.  I basically catnapped through the rest of the night.  Teresa got up at 5:30, the last time I looked at my watch it was 6am and I woke/got up at 7:15 feeling surprisingly good.  I’ll probably crash later.  I don’t think I’ll try the Melatonin again for awhile.

The Pope is scheduled to conduct mass at the Medellin airport today.  Of course it’s on television.

Downstairs I saw a piece of mail – not for me – with the number 129094 at the bottom of the address – maybe that’s our zipcode?  I left the apt at 8:15 and had breakfast at Carbon de Leña; my usual rice, beans and scrambled eggs with café con leche for 8,500 pesos ($3).

When Laura got up at 10:30 I had her add one of my old photos to my WhatsApp profile.

Well I guess they rented that apartment we viewed across the street last month but now there’s another window with a rental sign on it in the same building.

We have a nice cool day today as the high is supposed to be only 75 degrees.

At 1pm it started raining; God is not being kind to the Pope and/or his followers today.

Teresa came back just before 2pm and was hungry and tired so we ordered chicken from Frisby.

Teresa told me that her mother’s surgery is scheduled for Monday morning at 6am and Wilson is going to take her because Teresa is busy monitoring the work being done on the finca.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,903 to the US Dollar.  I understand the dollar is weaker – falling.

The chicken didn’t arrive until 3:30 by which time we were all starving.

More rain today.  Don’t know if it’s because we’re getting close to the rainy month of October or because there are 3 hurricanes now barreling through the Atlantic.

Teresa watched the Pope visit on TV for the rest of the afternoon.
Teresa took a nap from 4:30 to 6 and I watched the “already in progress” The Accountant on Direct TV.  Yes, I know I’ve seen it before – probably several times.

Laura left about 9pm to party with her girlfriends.  As usual I told her to be home by 11pm.   Lol.

I took 2 sleeping pills and we went to bed at 10:30.


T-shirt of the day: Sawdust is man glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment