Monday, September 11, 2017

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Last night I took 2 sleeping pills and we went to bed at 10:30.  I quickly fell asleep, woke up once at 4:30 when Laura came back (I don’t think Teresa was happy about that), quickly fell back asleep finally waking/getting up at 7:15.  Wow, I wish I could sleep like that every night.  I feel great!

It’s another very cool overcast day so far.

Well, Sunday NFL football begins today!  Yay!  I’ve got my bottle of Coke chilling in the fridge and my salted peanuts ready for the noon kickoff.  And I still have some peanut brittle on the side.

I had a little pain in my right hip so I took half an Excedrin Migraine.

I left the apt at 9:15 and on my walk through the park saw dozens of ladies involved in morning aerobics.  Lots of other people were enjoying Ciclovia on the closed street.  I stopped at the ATM, bought a few things from Exito and was back at the apt before 10am.

I gave Teresa the bad news that they didn’t have the type of arepas she asked for.  It was still over an hour away from pregame coverage so I went down the hill to the other Exito.  I had the guy cut 20 slices of thicker cheddar cheese and separate them into 2 packages for 27,000 pesos ($9).  They didn’t have the delgado (thin) arepas either that Teresa wanted.  I was back at the apt by 10:40.

Teresa informed me that the Pope fell and hit his head but he appears to be okay.  I could see what looked like a small bandaid above the outside corner of his eye and later the area below his eye was black and blue.

At 11am I did a speed test and only got 4.44 download and 2.17 upload.  We’ll see how that affects my Slingbox viewing of the game.

If I understood Teresa correctly, Laura fell asleep in the street last night with her friends.  If it happens again Teresa says she can forget about going to school, she can get a job as a waitress and sleep in the store each night and Teresa and I will get a smaller apartment for ourselves.

It was a close game but the Atlanta Falcons defeated my Chicago Bears 23-17.  I only had a couple of instances where I had to do a reconnect to the Slingbox.

While Teresa took a 2-hour nap I watched some more NFL football.  When she got up she watched more of the Pope in Cartagena on TV while I watched more football on my laptop.

After the Pope left Colombia to return to Italy Teresa turned on the news and watched highlights of when the Pope was here.

At 10pm I took 2 sleeping pills and we went to bed.


T-shirt of the day: Sarcasm.  It’s better than being charged with aggravated assault.

No comments:

Post a Comment