Sunday, September 17, 2017

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Today is Day of Love and Friendship in Colombia, similar to our Valentine’s Day in the States.

Last night I took my sleeping pills and went to bed at 10pm.  I fell asleep quickly and although I got up 2-3 times during the night I fell back asleep quickly each time finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I left the apt at 10am and got a manicure (I guess it’s not called a womanicure for a reason) and a pedicure at Nohelia for 24,000 pesos ($8).   (Later Teresa told me that was too expensive.)  I stopped at Gana and added 10,000 pesos to Laura’s cell phone (at her request) and 20,000 to mine.  I went to $efecty but found the same situation as yesterday – minus one cashier.  I stopped in a cellphone sales store called El Fusil de la Tecnologia where I found a young man that spoke English.  (He said he studied English for 18 months at the Americano Colombiano school.)  I showed him my Samsung Galaxy J5 and told him I was looking for something a little simpler and less expensive.  I bought Teresa a Samsung Galaxy J3 for 360,000 ($129).

Back at the apt I presented it to her and she reminded me of the holiday today.  I went to plug it in to charge it and the plugs are round like it’s for Europe.  I went back to the store and the young man was gone but I bought a converter for 3,000 pesos ($1).  Now it will be charging for the rest of the day.  Later I’ll copy all the phone numbers I have in my contact list to hers.

Teresa told me that the clinic called and her mother fell trying to get to the bathroom.  Unlike the US they don’t have a nurse you can ring for assistance so that’s why they have family staying with them.

I received an email from the realtor that I didn’t pay the apartment rental for September.  I showed Teresa my receipt and the email I sent to them showing the receipt.  They close early on Saturday’s so I’ll stop by on Monday.

Teresa asked me to go to Frisby at 5pm to get burritos for each of us so she’ll have one to take with her for dinner tonight.  I understand Laura is at the hospital now and Teresa will sleep over tonight.  I told her not to worry about breakfast for me tomorrow as I’ll go to Carbon de Leña for calentado.

The new cell phone is charged 100% so that only took a few hours.
Wow!  My alma mater, the NIU Huskies of the Mid-American Conference, upset the Nebraska Cornhuskers, in Lincoln 21-17.  Time to break out the champagne!

I stopped at Gana (yes, again) and added 50mil to Teresa’s cellphone (yes, again) as she’s been making lots of calls concerning her mother and the finca.

Teresa left the apt at 6:15 and I understand she’ll be relieving Laura.  I understand she’s going to do this every night while her mother is in the hospital and Wilson will be there during the day.

The Colombian Peso closed at 2,910 to the US Dollar.

I took my sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:30.


T-shirt of the day: My first thought when I woke up this morning.  Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment