Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Monday, September 18, 2017

Last night I took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed at 10pm.  I woke up a couple times during the night but fell back asleep rather quickly except for one time when Teresa was breathing too loud.  I finally woke up at 6am and got up at 7am feeling refreshed.  For some reason I seem to be sleeping better lately.


We were out of arepas so Teresa sent me to the corner store to buy a package.

If I understood Teresa right she’s going to watch her mother during the day and Wilson will take the night shift.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I did all my exercises in a little less than 2 hours, including adding 5# to a couple and increasing my treadmill speed from 5.5 to 5.7.  I met a new guy, Fernando? Francisco?, from Venezuela that spoke very good English.

During lunch Teresa told me her mother should be getting out of the hospital someday this week.  She wanted to know, instead of Teresa having to run back and forth between our apt and hers, could MT stay in our guest bedroom for 2-3 months.  I said “yes” with the understanding that Teresa and Laura would provide the care and that she would be out by next February when my brother and his girlfriend come for a visit.  She said that won’t be a problem.

I left the apt at 1:15, walked to the cellphone store where I had a tempered glass screen protector put on Teresa’s cellphone for 6,000 pesos.  I paid the Une bill at $efecty and made a cash withdrawal at the ATM.  On my way back to the apt I saw Jose, my joke receiver, on the other side of the street and we said “hi” to each other.

Back at the apt I picked up my iPad and apartment receipts and walked down the hill to the real estate agency.  I showed them my payment receipt then the email with the payment attachment that I sent them on the first of the month and the young lady pointed out that the receipt I sent them was for July.  Uh-oh, my bad!

Back at the apt I submitted a cash transfer from Citibank to USAA but soon realized I was overdrawn in my Citibank account by $50.  I called USAA right away and the rep transferred $100 of that back.  Hopefully Citibank won’t penalize me too severely.  Uh-oh, my bad, again!

Laura finally gave us the Caldas tax bill that she picked up yesterday.  I’ll take care of that tomorrow.

This has been a very expensive month what with completely redoing the roof of the finca.

I understand Teresa is going to take the night shift again tonight.  She says she sleeps on a mattress on the floor.  Yikes!  In the morning she’ll leave the hospital at 6am and meet the muchacho tomorrow in Caldas at 7am to buy more material for the roof.  She should be exhausted by the time she gets back tomorrow.

I charge Teresa’s cellphone with at least 100,000 pesos every month (it was a lot more than that this month) so she’s going to check on how much it would cost to put her phone on a Claro plan.  Laura and I seldom use our cellphones for calls so we’ll stay on the “pay as you go” plan which they call prepago.  Interestingly, prepago is also the term they use here for prostitutes.  I also need to take Teresa’s new phone to the Premium Plaza Claro office to register it.

We had a quick storm come through starting at 4:15.

I watched Passengers again on HBO from 5 to 7pm.

Teresa left at 7pm and Laura left for the gym at 7:15.

I watched Monday Night Football until 10pm when I took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: It’s not drinking alone if your dog is with you.

1 comment:

  1. Hola Terry - If I am not intervening on your time could you mail me at conelwilliam@gmail.com. I am coming to Medellin with Judi (mi esposa) soon for possible relocate. I lived in Argentina 6 years producing top quality wine (Malbec) and am currently in San Diego CA.

    If you have a email system you use and do not mind using that I have a few questions and I promise not to be a bother to you after that, if you could help me out.

    Thanks so much y saludos,

    Tomas

    ReplyDelete